.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Info: 20 years (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52126)

DRG December 7th, 2018 04:06 AM

20 years

Twenty years ago today, Dec 7 1998, SP2WW2 was released and never in my ( or Andy's..... or anybody else I am sure) wildest dreams did we think 20 years later we'd still be upgrading it.

That was when a Pentium II 400 and 512 MB 100mHz Ram was "high end":)

Don

Nick_Hyle December 7th, 2018 05:24 AM

Re: 20 years

Twenty years. I have some vague memories of those days.

zovs66 December 7th, 2018 08:46 AM

I would like to thank both Don and Andy for their tremendous work on updating, enhancing, correcting, squashing bugs, countless OOB updates and continuing design and development and putting up with all the stuff they do for both SPWW2 and SPMBT.

In my mind you both deserve some kind of medal, or extremely large monetary award both of which I am unable to give.

You both have hands done carried this ship and its a ship I am so very glad and grateful to be on. You both have inspired me to create and have given me a platform to design and develop some scenarios for this, no your great game.

It may have started off as a side project but you two have turned both SPWW2 and SPMBT into what we have here, it truly is your bonafide SP CAMO SPWW2 SPMBT produced, developed, upgraded and maintained by Don Goodbrand and Andy Gailey.

I don't have the words to properly thank you both, so I'll just honor you both with scenarios and next year some campaigns.

Thank you Shrapnel for hosting and selling SPWW2 and SPMBT but more importantly thank you Don and Andy (you will always be SP Camo to me, lol) for everything!

May God bless you both and give you long life.

PS I can't believe I was in my thirties 20 years ago...just think of how great a game this is, I have been playing this (as have others) for over 20 years! Again all thanks to SP CAMO.

scorpio_rocks December 7th, 2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 843993)
Twenty years ago today, Dec 7 1998, SP2WW2 was released and never in my ( or Andy's..... or anybody else I am sure) wildest dreams did we think 20 years later we'd still be upgrading it.

THANK YOU! The longevity of the game(s) is solely due to the hard work and dedication put in by you both!

We may drive you both mad at times but we love the game and the work you do - I sometimes only wish there was more we could do to reward you (guess I could buy the games again...)
Cheers! :cheers:

keif149 December 7th, 2018 02:39 PM

Thanks for all of the good times. Much appreciated. Been playing since 2002. :up:

Imp December 7th, 2018 07:29 PM

That could be a gaming industry record when it comes to support, thanks for putting up with us it must get trying at times.
If anything the updates have become more varied in recent years as you come up with new ideas.

To those of you still playing the free game why the bought version is superior even if it is the most derestricted demo ever you will love the extra features.
If you have had it for more than 6 months support the guys that made it possible
so they can keep supporting you.
This game has survived many operating systems and is still one of the best tactical games on the market with a level of support which should shame the game industry.
Name me another game where they read there webpage on a virtually daily basis, that's if they even listen to consumer input at all, we have had 20 years of it.

Gelainey December 8th, 2018 12:29 AM

Congratulations gentlemen.
It is a testimony to both the inherent quality of the game, and the loving care that you have showered upon it over these past two decades.
SPww2 is the only game I have consistently played and enjoyed since I bought the original installation disk, version 1 way back in the DOS days. I was looking for a computer based solution to a lack of opponents to play Avalon Hill games.
Sincere thanks,
Gelainey

DRG December 8th, 2018 01:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the many new/revised Icons going into the next upgrade of the game

normal and 3x normal size

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attac...1&d=1544246492

cbo December 14th, 2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 843993)

That was when a Pentium II 400 and 512 MB 100mHz Ram was "high end":)

Don

You make me feel old.... ;)

Well done both of you and thanks for the effort.

PantherCub January 3rd, 2019 08:10 AM

I agree with all the thanks expressed above! If you added a "donate" button, I would happily support your efforts, and I guess many others would too.