.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Mictlan Storm Eagles? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42499)

Starshine_Monarch March 5th, 2009 12:23 PM

Mictlan Storm Eagles?

I was wondering if blessed Eagle Warriors are still able to fly during storms? If this is possible, I was thinking about the worth of A9 blessed Eagle warriors working with Storm, Thunder Ward (for 100% lightning res) and Wrathful Skies.

Failing that, would I be able to mod these little birdmen to have Stormflight, even though they can only fly when blessed, so I might try a strategy like that out? I realize having Storm up would really make the Air Shield part of the Bless moot, so is there another way that Eagle Warriors can get 100% shock res, so I wouldn't need to use up an otherwise expensive bless?

Sombre March 5th, 2009 12:27 PM

Re: Mictlan Storm Eagles?

You could mod them to have 100% shockres.

thejeff March 5th, 2009 01:07 PM

Without modding, and off the top of my head, you could divine bless and Thunder Ward them on the first round so they fly to attack, then cast Storm and Wrathful Skies on the second round.

Of course, you can't use a Staff of Storms so it's harder to pull off.
Not quite as effective either, since they won't be able to fly to the next target once the first drops, but if you're relying on Wrathful skies to do the killing anyway. On the other hand, if you're relying on Wrathful skies to do the killing, you may not want them flying up right away. It's a delaying game at that point, so you'd want to hold them back as long as possible.

LDiCesare March 5th, 2009 01:30 PM

I don't think they can fly during storms.

Meglobob March 5th, 2009 02:12 PM

100% certain eagle warriors cannot fly in a storm, had it done to me more times than I can count.:)

Omnirizon March 5th, 2009 02:34 PM

if they could fly during a storm, that would make MA Mictlan probably the stronger of all Mictlans, since Eagle Warriors really do age better into late game than Jag Warriors. Flying uber blessed troops backed by Turkey mage Communions spamming those long range Air battle spells = no place to hide. Storms are a must against MA Mictlan in late game. I know first hand.

lch March 5th, 2009 05:13 PM

The ability to fly during storms isn't moddable as of yet, AFAIK. A number of units which have a strong connection with Air magic (ironically, the Unwinged, even), or the Void, or Horrors, can do it.

Edit: I've been thinking it over, you can try what Sombre used to do: Copystats from a unit that has the flag and then edit it until it fits what you want. You can use the Unwinged (1674), like I wrote. That's the only unit that has the flag and doesn't already have flying.

Gregstrom March 5th, 2009 05:22 PM

Curiously, Siddha aren't stormflyers (at least, in Edi's db) despite their description text.

Omnirizon March 5th, 2009 05:50 PM

maybe the electrical charge of the storm interferes with their time/space bending abilities.

ryo_akashi March 5th, 2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lch (Post 678349)
Edit: I've been thinking it over, you can try what Sombre used to do: Copystats from a unit that has the flag and then edit it until it fits what you want. You can use the Unwinged (1674), like I wrote. That's the only unit that has the flag and doesn't already have flying.

Except that the eagle warrior has a bless effect that is not moddable either...