.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Hot Keys - Quick Reference Sheet (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41860)

Cross January 6th, 2009 04:47 PM

Hot Keys - Quick Reference Sheet 2.0 - Jul 2014

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the 2.0 version of my Hot Keys Quick Reference Sheet.

It's universal, so should print on one page in A4 or letter size. it also includes the new 'C' hot key.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...t-keys.2.0.png

If there's any I've missed, please let me know.

It's attached to this post

cheers,
Cross

Gandalf Parker January 6th, 2009 05:25 PM

Re: Hot Keys - Quick Reference Sheet

I dont think Shrapnel has a "merchandise" shop anymore. Or if the game developer wants one I can help him out with it.

Otherwise I could always put this on something for sale. Personally I always thought coffee mugs were perfect for keypress charts to help out on those late night gaming sessions. :)

DRG January 6th, 2009 05:36 PM

All this is in the in game help and in the GG though , admitidly, not on a file you can print out and hold in your hand.

I'll make this a sticky so more people can find it

Don

Cross January 6th, 2009 06:49 PM

Thanks Don,

I found the V-Hex toggle hot key:\

The Game Guide appears to have V as the V-hex toggle, but it's correct in the in-game Help screen.

V Replays oppponents turn

The Game Guide and Help screen shows < and > as hot keys for turning on and off V-hexes and Map Text. But map text is M and V-hexes are \ as mentioned before.

Lastly, there's three 'hot keys' which I don't think are mentioned in the GG or Help screen:
J - Clipboard
^ - Rally point
} - Unit view of all around LOS hexes

I updated the excel download with the V-hex hot key, and moved the C into the Deploy Only section.

cheers,
Cross

Ironfist January 6th, 2009 10:06 PM

Very Helpful, found something I didn't know before. Thanks Cross!

But I am not sure about the Q key in playing phase. I don't have the game with me now, but I am pretty sure that Q key in playing phase is "quit the current game and go to saved game", not end turn. There is no hot key for end of turn, IIRC.

Ironfist January 7th, 2009 09:36 PM

Sorry guys. I checked the "Q" hotkey. It IS "end of turn". Maybe I need some memory-enhancing pills.

Cross January 7th, 2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironfist (Post 664905)
Sorry guys. I checked the "Q" hotkey. It IS "end of turn". Maybe I need some memory-enhancing pills.

No you don't need pills, just a handy Hot Key quick reference sheet...or perhaps a Shrapnel Games coffee mug with SP 'hot keys' printed on it :D

One of the reasons I decided to make this - apart from my own limited memory - was a long time SP player (at the Blitz wargaming club) wasn't aware that you could manually control Smoke Dischargers :doh: Then another guy said he only found out about them because he went to Fire at a tank, missed the 'F' key and accidently pressed the 'D' key :rolleyes:

I didn't know until recently that you could turn off smoke dischargers (just like weapons) preserving SD ammo and keeping them from firing at inopportune moments.

Cross January 23rd, 2009 01:29 PM

I just realised that I haven't found a hotkey for turning on/off the hex grid.

Does anyone know if it exists?

If it doesn't, this may be a useful one for a future update.

cheers,
Cross

DRG January 24th, 2009 06:32 PM

It doesn't in the current version but in the next one the '.' ( period ) key will turn the hex grid on and off while playing the game

Also, you have under "Deployment Phase Only" that

". (dot) Set game length in turns ......."

It's PURCHASE Phase for that particular hot key not deployment and player 1 gets to do it. I have corrected the game and game guild help screens for that . That was written before the view map screen was added as I recall

Don

Cross January 24th, 2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 669381)
It doesn't in the current version but in the next one the '.' ( period ) key will turn the hex grid on and off while playing the game

Also, you have under "Deployment Phase Only" that

". (dot) Set game length in turns ......."

It's PURCHASE Phase for that particular hot key not deployment and player 1 gets to do it. I have corrected the game and game guild help screens for that . That was written before the view map screen was added as I recall

Don

Thanks Don,

I can see the Hex Grid on/off being one of the more useful 'hotkeys'.

I'll update my quick reference sheet and upload it again, when I get the chance.