.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Mistletoe - an LA game for busy people (in progress) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40437)

Bananadine September 1st, 2008 05:19 PM

Mistletoe - an LA game for busy people (in progress)

Oi people, this is to be my first hosted game on LlamaServer. Huzzah! I'm hosting a game, rather than just joining one, because I want to try out some slightly unusual settings, the most controversial of which I will mention immediately so as not to waste your time: This game, as the title suggests, will be set on quickhost, with a time limit of... DUH DUH DUNNHHHHH.... six days.

No no, I do not expect turns to actually take six days! I will take my turns almost as frequently as I would in a game with more conventional time limits, and I expect (but WILL NOT require) that most others will as well. I am a busy person, is all, and I don't like being bossed around by my video games! So I want to try this, to see what will happen. Are you busy too? Then maybe you'll join me! Are you totally freaked out? Then please move along. :)

As for other settings: I want to try playing on a large random map, with ~20 provinces per player; I haven't gotten a chance to do that yet and I think it would be interesting. Also, score graphs will be turned off.

I will default to using no mods, but if people want one then I'll consider it.

Players:

Atlantis - Bananadine
Bogarus - Gregstrom
Caelum - Ephraim
C'tis - LDiCesare
Ermor - djo
Gath - hoo
Man - slayers_ai
Marignon - Executor
Mictlan - Hoplosternum
Pangaea - AdmiralZhao
Patala - Slobby
R'lyeh - Kojusoki

Executor September 1st, 2008 05:42 PM

Re: Mistletoe - an LA game for busy people (recruiting)

I guess we won't be waiting for someone to stale 3 times before we make them AI!
My choice is Jomon.

Ephraim September 1st, 2008 06:56 PM

I'll try LA Caelum.

This will be my first multiplayer game, so pardon my noobitude, and if you'd prefer this game to be just for more experienced types, let me know.

Slobby September 1st, 2008 06:59 PM

Patala for me please!

archaeolept September 1st, 2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ephraim (Post 635696)
I'll try LA Caelum.

This will be my first multiplayer game, so pardon my noobitude, and if you'd prefer this game to be just for more experienced types, let me know.

No no - it is important that there be meat.

Bananadine September 1st, 2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

I'll try LA Caelum.

Haha well declaring yourself as such may not do much for your chance of survival. But you are welcome.

One more thing I forgot to mention at the start is that I want the map to be looping, with no borders. I think you can do that with a random map? Well if you can, then I'm going to.

Anyway I'm going to be Atlantis.

Kojusoki September 2nd, 2008 11:34 AM

Ill take Rlyeh if you dont MIND :)

Hoplosternum September 2nd, 2008 12:42 PM

I would like to try Mictlan a try please.

Ephraim September 2nd, 2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archaeolept (Post 635703)
Quote:

I'll try LA Caelum.

No no - it is important that there be meat.

Well, if meat I must be, then I hope at least to live past being appetizer meat (e.g. vienna sausages) to become main course meat (e.g. chili dogs), or even, dare I hope, dessert meat (e.g. ...uh... maybe twinkie weiner sandwiches?)

See you all in-game :)

Kojusoki September 2nd, 2008 02:17 PM

when are we going to start?

To be honest, Ryleh should be banned, as any nation who lives next to Ryleh will have certainly less chances to win then the others... Ryleh is killing population and making people insane.

So, I wrote that I want to be a Ryleh, but I will have no problems with choosing any other nation.