.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   A question for scenario designers only (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52027)

DRG August 12th, 2018 11:08 AM

A question for scenario designers only

This question is for active scenario designers

If the game could display nation ID and V-hex flags from non-OOB nations would you use it in scenario design?

Example from a recent query

If you could change Nation ID in ScenHack that would allow a force that included Philippine army units...and have them ID Tagged that way and perhaps also Victory Hexes.....would you use it in scenario design?

Other nation ID's for WW2 could include Brazil, Philippines, South Africa, Latvia, The Cossacks in German service, Mongolia ( fought at Khalkhyn Gol ) Croatia.

If this was an option would you use it?

The reason I'm asking is it's a fair amount of work to do this but if nobody is very much interested it's a waste of our time that could be better applied to other things. You would be creating / using units from existing OOB's but in game they would be Tagged with their own flag

troopie August 12th, 2018 11:36 AM

Re: A question for scenario designers only

Yes I would.

troopie

SaS TrooP August 12th, 2018 12:12 PM

Hell yes. And since I mostly do scenarios with somewhat forgotten nations, I would praise that A LOT.

DRG August 12th, 2018 12:32 PM

Right now this is in the " just a thought.." stage and also at this stage just for SPWW2

zovs66 August 12th, 2018 02:20 PM

I would as well

scorpio_rocks August 12th, 2018 03:27 PM

If this does get done could I ask for a couple of non county flags? Perhaps a "generic Axis" and "generic Allied" flag and perhaps a catch-all "other" flag?

zovs66 August 12th, 2018 04:19 PM

Note I have a scenario conversion that has some Brazilanian units in them Ok

DRG August 12th, 2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks (Post 843074)
If this does get done could I ask for a couple of non county flags? Perhaps a "generic Axis" and "generic Allied" flag and perhaps a catch-all "other" flag?

And what exactly would they look like and why would you need them ?

scorpio_rocks August 12th, 2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 843078)
Quote:

And what exactly would they look like and why would you need them ?

I guess you could need them for a combined force rather than using 1 of the 2 (or more) countries involved.

Perhaps the allied star-in-circle air recognition symbol (white on olive?), Axis is a little harder - Iron cross?

An "Other" flag could be chosen as an alternative to the "rebel" flag in games using same OOB or as non-national units, partisans, International Brigades, etc. Perhaps a "pirate" skull and crossbones?

Just a thought

Imp August 13th, 2018 06:13 AM

Quote:

Is this not just red & green.