.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Conquest of Elysium II (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   CoE3 release (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48397)

WraithLord February 18th, 2012 01:29 PM

CoE3 release

Well, CoE3 should be released tomorrow and I thought it may be nice if whoever wants to posts here when he gets it. Also can post which first class he's gonna play. How long lasted his first session and any and all impressions :)

I plan to play druid first and I expect my first playing session to last 5 mins. right before taking the kids to kindergarten :D

vladikus February 18th, 2012 02:03 PM

Re: CoE3 release

I'm going random, take things as they come. My game will probably last 10 minutes.

Gandalf Parker February 18th, 2012 02:08 PM

I recommend Baron. Its the easiest to get grips on. Standard knights, longbow, swordsmen, pikes. Some mercenary mages show up.

But I admit that I rushed straight into my favorite one of Druid. Halfway thru the game I realized I had been doing it totally wrong.

The poll Id like to see is...
How many games will you play before you open the manual?

samoht February 18th, 2012 02:58 PM

I posted this over at desura...

I'll be going with Burgmeister first. In anticipation of CoE3 I've been playing the crap out of #2 and I'm interested in trying something a little different than what I've already been playing with.

From what I've seen in Letsplays, AAR's and such, all of the classes have been added to/changed/improved enough to make them all feel fresh, but... c'mon. My first character is going to be named Bilbo. Whatchuknowabout Hobbits?

Edi February 18th, 2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker (Post 795985)
The poll Id like to see is...
How many games will you play before you open the manual?

Well, that poll is now up on the Desura forum... :D

WraithLord February 19th, 2012 04:46 AM

LOL my Desura client says that the game "will be available to play in 0 days". Too bad they left out the # of minutes to release :)

I take it the release will be tomorrow after all - and probably after breakfast time Australia clock :p

Edi February 19th, 2012 06:30 AM

Yes, it would be. Midnight Central European time would be 1 AM here and something like 8 AM or 9 AM in Australia, depending on whether one lives on the east or west coast.

thamolas February 19th, 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thamolas (Post 758041)
Kristoffer, if you are indeed working on a new game, I hope you are nearing completion (though I suspect you would have said something by now if you were), because Stardock seems to be having a hard time with their Fantasy 4x game and Dominions 3 (and COE 2) seem to share a similar target audience.

Dominions 3 requires a lot of commitment to play and I love the game, but have a hard time coming back to it because it is so multiplayer-oriented. The cheesed-out min-max fest that usually accompanies multiplayer strategy games turns me off, though I have had some fun experiences with Dom 3. And the time it takes to complete a multiplayer game makes it difficult to finish one.

However, COE is a game that I keep coming back to. Heck, I played it again last night. Like others here, I hope the next game is a mix between the two styles.

Cheers!

It would seem as tough my prayers have been answered! At least with the next Illwinter game ;)

Doo February 19th, 2012 07:32 PM

its out :)

ArkhanTheBlack February 19th, 2012 08:15 PM

Already lost my first game with Pale Ones :-(

First important thing I learned: Banshees are deadly!!!