.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Patch: WinSPMBT version 10.0b Upgrade patch (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51148)

DRG April 26th, 2016 08:55 PM

Re: WinSPMBT version 10.0b Upgrade patch

Both have limited ammo and bombloads so 2 passes seems right

cbreedon April 29th, 2016 08:07 PM

Hi

Regarding the maps for the British in Afghanistan. Are they for specific years? I went through 20 to 30 random maps in 2015, 2011 and 2006 and only got a couple of Kajaki's in each year all the others were Afghanistan, Green Zone, etc. No Musa Kala or Sanguin's

DRG April 29th, 2016 08:51 PM

if((Opponent==NAT_UK) && Random(99)>30)
{
strcpy(gBatLocNameOverride, "Sangin"); //default township for UK
if(Random(99)>80)
strcpy(gBatLocNameOverride, "Musa Qala");
if(Random(99)>80)
strcpy(gBatLocNameOverride, "Kajaki");
if(Random(99)>80)
strcpy(gBatLocNameOverride, "Nawzad");

phil74501 May 6th, 2016 08:25 PM

I have a question about this patch. It says it's a consolidated patch. "The 2016 Patch updates winSPMBT Ver. 6, Ver. 7 , Ver. 8 and Ver 9.1 to Ver 10." Does this mean that I don't have to apply all of the previous patches? Just this one?

DRG May 6th, 2016 11:10 PM

What version is your game now ? If it's V6 or up all you need is the 10b patch. If it's earlier than that you need to apply the Windows v.6.0 patch first, then 10b. Both are on the DL page

phil74501 May 7th, 2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 834103)
What version is your game now ? If it's V6 or up all you need is the 10b patch. If it's earlier than that you need to apply the Windows v.6.0 patch first, then 10b. Both are on the DL page

It was 9.1. I was just wondering if, when installing the game in the future, I need to go through all of the patches in order, or if I could just do 10 and be done with it.

DRG May 7th, 2016 03:06 PM

In your case and most others these days all you need is the latest patch..in this case 10b will bring you up to current standard

Don

Mobhack May 7th, 2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil74501 (Post 834123)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 834103)

It was 9.1. I was just wondering if, when installing the game in the future, I need to go through all of the patches in order, or if I could just do 10 and be done with it.

The consolidated patches you need to use depend on the base game you have currently installed.

If it is just an update of a previously up to date fully patched game already on your computer, then apply the latest patch we put out. Simples.

If however you are starting out from absolute scratch, like installing on a brand new computer, or a completely new user then you need the options:

A) - Early adopters of the full game will have a CD or digital download of a low edition baked into their installer. These players will need to run the consolidated update to 6, and then to apply the one to 10. (As will any users who downloaded a base install of the free demo a long time ago and stored it on their hard disk, and use that one instead of downloading a fresh copy of the free demo base installer).

B) - The latest batch of full game installs, with newly pressed CDs, and the latest digital downloads of the full game, and the free demo version on the shrapnel website are all patched up to date, and point to a directory outside of \program files\ so that windows vista+ "managed folders" do not bork the updates, so only need the latest consolidated upgrade patch.

Thus the need for the 6.0 consolidation patch, as an intermediate stage for users in case A (older images of the full game. Plus some free demo users who insist on using a squirreled-away HDD copy they downloaded yonks ago & not the latest free demo image).

Everyone else is case B, no need for the earlier consolidation patch to run to patch a v1.0 or whatever CD up to the 6.0 level.

Andy

Rich May 9th, 2016 08:24 PM

Hi. I just reinstalled win 7 on my computer. I have the CD version (download) for both games. Is it possible to download the latest CD version and thus avoid the intermediate consolidation patches?

scorpio_rocks May 9th, 2016 09:14 PM

The Latest CD version is V6 - so you still need to patch it.