.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   World Supremacy (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Graphic glitches (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46685)

xisco99 November 27th, 2010 07:26 PM

Graphic glitches

Congratulations for this game, but I have a little problem with graphics in the combat screen. I cannot see missiles, torpedoes or other graphic effects, the game freezes 1-2 seconds and displays strange glitches. After this the combat ends succesfully and the game works properly. My sistem has:

Windows xp home edition service pack 3
Mobile Intel pentium 4 3.06Ghz
Ram 2040MB
Nvidia GeForce FX Go5100 latest drivers.

Thank you very much

spillblood December 1st, 2010 10:15 AM

Re: Graphic glitches

Yes, I have a similar problem. In combat I often have to wait a bit till something happens when two units fire at each other. I don't know if there are missile effects in the game. Didn't know if these strange graphical effects in combat were intended or not, I also get them on the main map when for example a plane crashes. It can take several minutes until all the planes that didn't get to my own territory at the end of turns crashed and it's accompagnied by these strange expanding graphics effects. I have a Radeon HD 3450 graphics card, an Athlon 2400+ and 1,5 gb RAM.

spillblood December 3rd, 2010 08:34 AM

I have to add something. I just checked the screenshots on the Shrapnel Games World Supremacy page. These missile effects that can be seen there aren't displayed correctly on my Radeon HD 3450 card. You should definetely fix that. I think plane crashes should also display explosion effects and I don't get them, only graphical glitches. I can send screenshots later if it's possible here.

spillblood December 4th, 2010 11:18 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's some screenshots that show the graphical glitches in combat. The glitch on the map happened when I tabbed in and out. Please fix that stuff or give me some advice what to do to fix that. I have no real combat effects, just glitches. Note the lines and dots in tactical combat screens. They seem to replace the combat graphics and expand or move randomly across the screen. Very strange.

spillblood December 7th, 2010 06:35 AM

Anyone here with the same problem? Hello?

ScottWAR December 7th, 2010 12:53 PM

Havent seen anyone else mention having the problem.
I dont know if it will work,...but I would try----

Uninstall the game
Uninstall video card drivers.
Download the most recent video card drivers.
Install those drivers.
Install the game.

Hopefully that helps.

If not,..try updating DirectX.

spillblood December 7th, 2010 01:58 PM

Wanna mention another thing. I also tested the game on another PC (1GHz, GeForce MX2, 1gb RAM) and I got the same graphical errors. Maybe I should try updating DirectX.

spillblood December 8th, 2010 05:38 AM

Nope, didn't work. I think I'll mail Tech Support. Don't wanna mess around here anymore, I must contact the developers.

spillblood December 15th, 2010 09:42 AM

OK, I am in contact with Aaron since last week via E-Mail, but I have another question: Could these glitches be somehow related to graphic cards settings? I have all settings on "Application controlled" for my Radeon HD 3450, only Mipmap quality level on "high". Could changing that fix the problem? Plus, i wanna add: I have tried installing the newest graphics and mainboard drivers and the newest Direct X, but all this doesn't fix my graphics problems. xisco99, do you have something to add? You seem to be the only one having the same problems.

Ed Kolis December 17th, 2010 09:55 PM

Actually, I'm having the same issue you're having with alt-tabbing, and I emailed Aaron about it... haven't noticed any glitches in combat yet!