.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   MP Game - Orania Semiblitz (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=18954)

Zapmeister May 3rd, 2004 03:50 AM

MP Game - Orania Semiblitz

This is the official thread for the new Mosehansen (see www.mosehansen.dk) game Orania Semiblitz. Please announce your nation here before uploading a pretender. There are house rules, so please don't join unless you are willing to abide by them.

1. The game will not start until all nations are filled.

2. The Vampire Queen may not be chosen except by the player (if any) of Black Forest Ulm.

3. All nations are limited in the number of clams they may forge. The limit is half of the current turn number. For example, a nation with 11 clams on turn 26 may forge up to 2 more clams that turn. Clams found on the battlefield may be kept (but no more forged) in excess of this limit.

4. If a nation stales for 2 turns in a row, I will arrange for that nation to be moved to AI. I'll try to find a non-player to do this, to avoid viewing the position myself. Note that the game has a 18-hour turnaround, with quickhost.

5. The non-default settings are:

a) 50 total VPs, 25 to win. Capitals are worth 2 VPs (I hope - I've never messed with VPs before).

b) Difficult research
c) Independent strength 6
d) Magic site frequency 50
e) Hall of Fame entries 15
f) Map Orania (of course)

[ June 01, 2004, 16:50: Message edited by: Zen ]

Graeme Dice May 3rd, 2004 04:42 AM

Re: MP Game - Orania Semiblitz

Quote:

Originally posted by Zapmeister:
2. The Vampire Queen may not be chosen except by the player (if any) of Black Forest Ulm.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">Which is the nation that I'll be playing.

Cainehill May 3rd, 2004 04:45 AM

I think 12 hour quickhost will make for problems, especially if you want a full game. It's nice for getting the game off to a quicker start, but eventually people are going to be away from their computers for more than 12 hours - weekends, long work days, etc.

And the 12 QH means that you can't count on buying yourself some time by being the first person to take their turn. Even if you take your turn while there's 11 hours 55 minutes to go, thus figuring you have almost 24 hours before the next turn, murphy's law says that everyone will then take their turn in the first hour, and in 13 hours (rather than 24) you get a stale turn.

That said, I'll probably be in, just to watch the R'lyeh / Atlantis hatefest that Orania forces in 17 player games. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Just gotta deicide if I want Vanheim, Man, Pangaea, Machaka, Arco, or if masochistic, T'ien C'hi.

Cohen May 3rd, 2004 04:52 AM

I'll Play with Abysya

Zapmeister May 3rd, 2004 05:10 AM

Quote:

I think 12 hour quickhost will make for problems, especially if you want a full game.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">You're probably right about that. So I'll reserve the right to modify the turnaround time, if possible, after we get into the game.

EDIT: On a whim, I've modified the turnaround time to 18 hours with quickhost, because I think the QH will mostly satisfy our need for speed at the very start, and I'm concerned I may not be able to extend it later.

EDIT: Although I set total VPs=50 and extra capital VPs ON, the page displays blank in the total VPs field and capital VPs=1. I don't know what this means, but we may be playing to victory conditions that were not intended :-( .

[ May 03, 2004, 04:42: Message edited by: Zapmeister ]

Cheezeninja May 3rd, 2004 05:30 AM

Ill take Ermor.

Norfleet May 3rd, 2004 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zapmeister:
3. All nations are limited in the number of clams they may forge. The limit is half of the current turn number. For example, a nation with 11 clams on turn 26 may forge up to 2 more clams that turn. Clams found on the battlefield may be kept (but no more forged) in excess of this limit.
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">So let me see if I understand this: You can forge as many clams as you wish, as long as the number of clams in your possession is less than half the current turn number, after which you may not forge clams until the number of clams in your possession is again below the half the turn number. Is that correct? Do we round up or down?

If that's correct, count me in for Van.

[ May 03, 2004, 05:53: Message edited by: Norfleet ]

Zapmeister May 3rd, 2004 06:55 AM

Quote:

Is that correct? Do we round up or down?
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">That is correct. Round down.

Quote:

You can forge as many clams as you wish, as long as the number of clams in your possession is less than half the current turn number
<font size="2" face="sans-serif, arial, verdana">But I think my wording, with the example, was clearer. The point being that the number of clams in your possession after forging must be less than or equal to half the current turn number.

[ May 03, 2004, 06:34: Message edited by: Zapmeister ]

Zapmeister May 3rd, 2004 10:18 AM

I have R'lyeh

vigabrand May 3rd, 2004 04:25 PM

I'll take Man