.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48484)

Lung Drago March 5th, 2012 03:13 PM

Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Running

Have you ever had that feeling you can tear asunder the entire world if you just let it all go? Yes?! Then welcome to the club!

This game is a continuation of sorts to a previous one, I Need More Power!. Fraction of that player base moves to this game - slowly building over time a trusted RP group to have great times with! ^^ That isn't saying "Shoo! Go away!' at all though! If you are up to some free, on-the-fly RP in your forum posts (as you may have noticed, I don't write an awesome introductory world story even though I may have the capacity to do so; your power shall be unrestricted!), then go ahead and join us! We welcome talkative and creative people because we enjoy playing with them!

Bear in mind this is still a newbie game. I am not going to set some "played game limit" as it looks silly to me, but please do think over if your level of skill will make the game enjoyable for you as well as for others :)

On to the technical stuff:

Method: llamaserver PBEM game :)
Mods: CBM 1.92
Map: Alexander
Era: Early Age
Strength of Indies: 5
HoF: 15
renaming on
Graphs on
Picked nations
Research: Normal
Gold multiplier: 100
Resources multiplier: 100
Supply multiplier: 100
Diplomacy: Machiavellian type with a single exception of a NAP3, which you are bound to honor (namely the 3 turn period), all nations are to be hostile to each other at the start of the game. Role-Playing encouraged :)
Turn frequency: 36h, with more hours added as micromanagement rises
Game will be administrated by two people (me and jimbojones) to cover all time zones, we won't let random unfortunate stales slip if they don't happen often/regularly :smirk: If you run into any kind of trouble that will leave you unable to send your turns for a period of time, certainly make us aware of the fact so we can deal with it (proclaim holidays, find subs, you know the stuff) :)

If you have concerns about any of the settings, let your voice be heard. Contemplate on it we shall.

List of currently enrolled players: (14)

Anaconda - EA Lanka, Land of Demons
BewareTheBarnacleGoose - EA R'lyeh, Time of Aboleths
Blubbernaught - EA Sauromatia, Amazon Queens
Darlian - EA Arcoscephale, Golden Era
HoleyDooley - EA Niefelheim, Sons of Winter
jimbojones1971 - EA Ermor, New Faith
krpeters - EA Marverni, Time of Druids
Legendary League - EA Helheim, Dusk and Death
Lung Drago - EA Abysia, Children of Flame
mattyburn7 - EA C'tis, Lizard Kings
megawidget - EA Atlantis, Emergence of the Deep Ones
momfreek - EA Agartha, Pale Ones
Rejakor - EA Yomi, Oni Kings
swuu - EA Pangaea, Age of Revelry
Vanguard X - EA Caelum, Eagle Kings

Austen March 5th, 2012 06:14 PM

Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Recruit

I'd really love to play, but I'm not sure this would be the right game for me. With a grand total of zero under my belt, the skewed starting numbers would prob be suboptimal. I also don't RP generally. If you guys need more players, let me know though.

BewareTheBarnacleGoose March 5th, 2012 09:08 PM

Re: Power Beyond Comprehension aka "My power is still raising!" newbie game - Recruit

I would love to rejoin you guys! Count me in!

Vanguard X March 5th, 2012 09:51 PM

I would like in. Preferably as the angelic Caelum order if possible. :angel

Adam J March 5th, 2012 09:52 PM

I'd like to play! Tien Chen if possible. Its my first time trying multiplayer.

Legendary League March 5th, 2012 11:00 PM

I'd absolutely love to pick up another MP game. I've played alot of Helheim in EA, but I'm thinking of picking up a different nation for that era.

jimbojones1971 March 5th, 2012 11:19 PM

Since I played MA Ermor last time, I think I'll take EA Ermor for a spin this time :-)

jimbojones1971 March 5th, 2012 11:57 PM

Looks like MightyPeon is already in a lot of games, and will need to sit this one out.

Can I suggest Urraparrand as the map? It's 145 land + 35 sea provinces, and (as the name suggests) is rap-around map, so no corners.

BewareTheBarnacleGoose March 5th, 2012 11:59 PM

How do you guys feel about aquatic nations? I notice that some people dont like to play with them. If you do, I would be interested in EA R'leyh.If not, I could pick something else.

Lung Drago March 6th, 2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BewareTheBarnacleGoose (Post 797705)
How do you guys feel about aquatic nations? I notice that some people dont like to play with them. If you do, I would be interested in EA R'leyh.If not, I could pick something else.

Personally I have nothing against them, we had Atlantis in our previous game... they are another layer on the strategical level; without them, water provinces are really just a landmark. It may be feasible to have 2 of them on a bigger map though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbojones1971 (Post 797704)
Looks like MightyPeon is already in a lot of games, and will need to sit this one out.

Can I suggest Urraparrand as the map? It's 145 land + 35 sea provinces, and (as the name suggests) is rap-around map, so no corners.

Map boils down to how many players we end up with. I'd like to keep the recruiting phase going a little longer than before, simply because I have to wrap up few things IRL and should be ready to commit fully by the end of this week. But I agree it is a nice similar-sized map we had before.

Added the rest of you to the Grand List of Honor. :D Welcome aboard.