.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Who's Left? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46149)

dumbluck November 24th, 2010 01:42 PM

Re: Who's Left?

I'm glad he's come back to a publisher that isn't out to outright screw him.

Black_Knyght November 25th, 2010 01:27 AM

I play SEIV nearly every other day still, and have NO plans to stop any time soon!:):up:

Will November 29th, 2010 01:20 AM

I still lurk every few months. Haven't played any version of SE in years, as I haven't kept a Windows computer around for a long time. Just noticed a few days ago there is a facebook version of SE, which apparently has Aaron's blessing... not sure what I think about that, though.

I do still play Dom3 about every third weekend. I may set up some virtual machines to fire up SE and mods, and try out World Supremacy. Need to be careful to still make time to go outside every once in a while, though :D

Timstone December 7th, 2010 11:22 AM

Still here, but not very active though. I check in every now and then and then. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't played any SE title for over half a year now. :o

dogscoff December 23rd, 2010 08:29 AM

I haven't really played SE since I moved to Linux a few years ago. I still have access to a Windows PC at work, and get an hour's gaming time on it per day, but I've been playing other things on it- mostly old-school, rereleased-on-budget stuff (Age of Empires, Wesnoth, SimCity 3K), so SE4 will probably cycle back around sooner or later. I still have it installed. I also have the beginnings of a new SE4 shipset somewhere that I keep threatening to finish.

Gametime at home (don't get much of that now that I'm a Daddy) is mostly taken up with Oolite, a massively moddable rewrite of Elite.
I sincerely hope I don't have to explain to anybody what Elite is.

I miss the old days, the Cantina, the malfadorica, all the old faces...

Suicide Junkie January 27th, 2011 01:39 AM

Hey, DogScoff.

I recommend, and use myself on the kubuntu netbook:
Virtualbox
+ Seamless mode
+ SE4
+ windowedSE4

Its the best of both worlds, with a windowed SE4 floating among your xterms and stuff, and no worries about stability or graphical glitches.

Siegebreaker February 2nd, 2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrocities (Post 755431)
Any one still playing SE IV?

I do.
Proportions.

I do mostly because it is the game that gives me the highest level of control, being able to even change the look of any given planet while in game by just switching the planet pic and reloading.

PvK February 9th, 2011 07:08 PM

I have SE IV (not V) installed, but haven't played it at all in a long time. I never got used to this new version of the Shrapnel forum software, and I had a lot of real-world chaos for some time, so I have been mostly absent. Recently I've been playing some Dominions 3 though.

Oh, and ya, my web site has been offline for a long time, so the links to my mods don't work.

EaX June 20th, 2011 05:59 AM

Wow, its been a long time, i havent played SE in a while, RL is annoying :P i should drop by the IRC channel sometime :), for now... sleep, its late here

PvK June 20th, 2011 01:45 PM

I just started playing a Proportions mod game on PBW. Very fun!