.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   game Preferences settings (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51270)

DRG June 18th, 2016 07:47 PM

game Preferences settings

We are doing a study of what players are setting game preferences to if they reguarly deviate from the stock 100%.

So......if you play with hitting set to 150% and infantry toughness to 80% we'd like to know. We don't want to ASSUME everyone plays as we do.......with all setting to default 100%

I will be away for a week and I will check these over when I get back and the more people who take a few minutes to answer gives us better data to work with and if you do keep the player and realism preferences set to the "stock" settings we'd like to know that as well......................we don't want to hear only from the people who change them and if you DO change them could you please tell us why

Thanks

Don

towtow59 June 19th, 2016 03:41 AM

Re: game Preferences settings

I normally play with hit rates set to 150%, mostly to make the game go a bit faster as it is more lethal.

DRG June 19th, 2016 06:26 AM

150% for both sides ?

halstein June 19th, 2016 10:57 AM

Keep them at 100%, and all realism on. Have tried changing some of the percentages, but think 100% is ok. Leave "AI tank heavy" off in campaigns, as I build my core around an inf. bn.

Halstein

towtow59 June 19th, 2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 834568)
150% for both sides ?

Yes, sorry for not making that clear.

RecruitMonty June 21st, 2016 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like to use different settings for "hitting", "spotting" and "rallying" to simulate the effects of climate and time of day. I dug up a table somewhere (and then made it into a word doc, then a pdf), which provided me with the parameters (visibility settings were the key). I leave infantry toughness, tank toughness alone and "xxx" is my standard "Troop Quality" setting.

Spledge June 22nd, 2016 05:05 PM

Haven't toyed around with the settings yet to offer an opinion.

Felix Nephthys June 24th, 2016 10:00 PM

General Preferences are On except for Battle FX, AI Tank Heavy, Fast Artillery, Hex Grid, and Move Radius.

Realism Preferences are On except for Breakdowns, and Command.

Player Preferences are 100% Searching, Hitting, Rout/Rally, Tank Toughness, Infantry Toughness, and Arty Effectiveness. Training is On so Troop Quality is XXX for both sides and Battle Points are XXX for both sides as well. Air Sorties are 50 for both sides, and Map Height is 80 with Map Width at 160.

zastava128 June 26th, 2016 09:34 AM

I generally find the default settings to be fine. I sometimes manually set Air Sorties if I want to make sure air support will be available. Sometimes I turn on Tank Heavy AI if I want a tank battle, but I usually prefer more infantry-oriented action. I usually play smaller battles on 70x70 or 80x80 maps.

DRG June 26th, 2016 11:52 AM

These responses are good, please keep them coming. I was curious whether ( for example ) people were running one or two of the Player preferences a little "hotter" or "colder" than the default but that so far does not seem to be the case but please keep reporting what your using...all info is valuable.

Thanks

Don