.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   How do you successfully save a custom OOB? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49591)

Akmatov March 18th, 2013 02:59 PM

How do you successfully save a custom OOB?

In Mobhack I have made a small change and want to save the now changed OOB as a custom OOB. Using the Save/Load button I have saved the file into everywhere imaginable and tried every naming I could imagine reasonable. And the result is the files are saved, BUT Mobhack does not see them!

What am I doing wrong? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

DRG March 18th, 2013 11:39 PM

Re: How do you successfully save a custom OOB?

You have to use a name it recongnizes so use the same name as the original OOB but save it in the custom folder

Akmatov March 19th, 2013 12:07 AM

Thanks, sadly I've tried that unsuccessfully.

Does the name of the folder you are using to hold a custom .spf OOB file matter, ie does it have to be 'Custom Folder' or could it be 'Custom Romanian OOB Folder'?

Now that I'm sure the file name would have to be spob16.spf, I'll experiment some more to see if I can get it.

BTB, does it have to be the exact same name, ie spob16.spf, or could it perhaps be in the same format, ie spob46.spf?

I will get this figured out, esp with some pointers from someone who knows how. :)

AMX March 19th, 2013 04:23 AM

-The name of the folder does not matter; it is only a place to store the files
-Keep in mind that the "active" OOBs are the ones that are directly in the "OOBs" folder
-the correct filename is spob016.spf (the zero is important)

Mobhack March 19th, 2013 05:29 AM

To save a custom OOB (or any other) elsewhere than the default directory:

Method 1:
1) load the OOB into Mobhack (say OOB 7)
2) use the navigation widget in the right of the load/save page to navigate to the directory you want to save in. If there is no existing OOB of the correct number, it wont be shown (yet) there.
3) Press the SAVE button. After a second or 2, the OOB will appear on the load/save list for the directory if it was not already there (and so was overwritten)

No manual naming of files required

OR Method 2:
a) load the OOB into mobhack
b) use the "save as" button, navigate to the target directory in the save dialogue box and then save the file in the correct file naming format entered manually (spopbNNN.obf) using leading zeros in the NNN part.

OR Method 3:
Skip Mobhack save as routines completely. Simply save the OOB in the current working dir, and open up a windows explorer window alongside. Now manually copy then paste the OOB file to wherever wanted using windows explorer. (Set Windows explorer to display file extensions, of course).

Advantage - quick and visual navigation of folder hierarchy, and does not alter Mobhack's current working directory path. I tend to use #3 myself in such situations.

Andy

Akmatov March 19th, 2013 04:13 PM

Thx gentlemen! This is all excellent info and I'm off to implement it. Happiness!