.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Wishlist: Server Wishlist (command line options) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=32410)

llamabeast September 6th, 2008 04:20 PM

Re: Server Wishlist (command line options)

I'm not sure this thread is being used. My feeling is that Gandalf can best get things sorted by talking to JK, JK's already done everything that I wanted, and few other people will really need any extra features that neither of us wanted.

Permission to unsticky?

Gandalf Parker September 6th, 2008 07:32 PM

I figure that its percentage of use is about right when compared with the other wishlists. The general game wishlist would be most active, then modding, then maps, and finally server the least. But there should be wishlists. The alternative might be a single wishlist sticky which links to the various singular wishlists then unsticky all the singular ones.

llamabeast September 7th, 2008 04:46 AM

Yeah, well I agree in principle that there should be one, but no-one that isn't a moderator has posted in almost two years. We'd probably be better to have it in the moderator's forum.

chrispedersen December 12th, 2008 12:19 PM

CountDownOnly Command Line Request

-countdownonly

The timer can be set for the game to host, and the timer will countdown (and even go negative). However, the game will only quickhost or manually host. AKA when all turns are in.

llamabeast December 12th, 2008 01:05 PM

I think that last one already exists doesn't it? You don't seem to actually mean countdown-only, but rather quickhost-only? Even if not you can't already do it, you can set the timer for an arbitrarily long time so that it comes to the same thing.

Gandalf Parker December 12th, 2008 02:58 PM

Maybe he wants the timer to display, but not kick off the hosting. Kindof a more friendly reminder feature.

The closest I can think of to doing it would be on a server. The game status page can reflect a time but the game-run itself not have one on it.

lch December 12th, 2008 03:56 PM

My game status script shows negative hosting time if a turn takes longer to host than it has been set to take in the configuration. Unless you reset the "last modified" timestamp on the fatherlnd file, that is.

chrispedersen December 12th, 2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker (Post 659545)
Maybe he wants the timer to display, but not kick off the hosting. Kindof a more friendly reminder feature.

Exactly...

chrispedersen December 12th, 2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lch (Post 659553)
My game status script shows negative hosting time if a turn takes longer to host than it has been set to take in the configuration. Unless you reset the "last modified" timestamp on the fatherlnd file, that is.

Yeah, your game scripts are great.

Gandalf Parker January 1st, 2011 03:44 PM

:bump:
just to point out that the first post in this thread has been updated