.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Approaching Infinity (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=255)
-   -   Amoeba scoop (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50645)

Chris Steadman February 11th, 2015 01:21 PM

Amoeba scoop

I can't get the Amoeba scoop to work. It's installed but when I bump the amoeba nothing happens. I suspect that this a problem to be solved (rather than a bug :D) but try as I might I cannot come up with a solution. Is there anyone kind enough to give me a clue please?

JimSB February 11th, 2015 02:37 PM

Re: Amoeba scoop

Ahah! I reported this earlier, but IBOL was unable to recreate it, but now that there are at least 2 of us, maybe we can find something in common about our installation.

JimSB February 11th, 2015 02:40 PM

I had trouble with the Plasma Lance too. It is supposed to be a melee weapon, but it did no damage. If you have that problem too, we may have the identical bug.

Chris Steadman February 11th, 2015 03:13 PM

Thanks Jim - I'll see if I can pick up a plasma lance and report back.

ibol February 11th, 2015 11:16 PM

I am looking at the code handling of these things now.

For anyone who wants to test it for themselves, I will try to make it easy:
code for plasma lance, 2/11/15 :
QzNwVB6U
Amoeba Scoop 2/11/15:
a2A*CFOQ
(that's the capital letter "O")

Plasma Lance 2/12/15:
42pD946X
Amoeba Scoop 2/12/15:
6h^wc9Oa

(it's already 10pm EST, so you might need tomorrow's code , depending on where you are)

OMG, I just had a thought:
do you guys have unidentified artifacts?
It is possible that an artifact has an 'amoeba scoop cancellation' effect... I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

Chris Steadman February 12th, 2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibol (Post 828433)

OMG, I just had a thought:
do you guys have unidentified artifacts?
It is possible that an artifact has an 'amoeba scoop cancellation' effect... I know it sounds crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's possible.

I do; when I am next at play I will sell it and try the scoop again. Probably this evening.

ATB

Chris

JimSB February 12th, 2015 11:17 AM

All my artifacts are identified. I am now testing 1.0.1 and haven't gotten to the point of using an Amoeba scoop yet. I will use the codes to get the PL and AS and ty them.

JimSB February 12th, 2015 11:20 AM

Argh, it only allows 1 code/day. I have the PL, I will try to lab or do the Vordelene quests for the AS.

JimSB February 12th, 2015 12:24 PM

PL still broken. Haven't found AS yet

Chris Steadman February 12th, 2015 01:05 PM

OK - ditching the unidentified artifact doesn't change things. AScoop still doesn't work.

Plasma Lance - I've installed it, in place of the Amoeba Scoop. When I right click on an adjacent target - I tried a Gruf Ship and an Amoeba - nothing happens.

With both installed at the same time the situation doesn't change.