.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Counter Intelligence (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=3565)

rja61 July 3rd, 2001 02:30 AM

Counter Intelligence

Do you have to use CI 1 to thwart missions of that level or does CI 2 and 3 work on all enemy projects below that level?

Lucanos July 3rd, 2001 03:57 AM

Re: Counter Intelligence

All different CIs counter all levels. It's just that you can build up more points on the higher CI levels.

It's important to have many CIs ONGOING at the same time if you are frequently attacked. Completing a CI is worthless - try to keep em ongoing instead.

CW July 3rd, 2001 07:28 AM

I had a CI 3 project that was a few months from being completed, I then left it there and assigned all the intel points to offensive operations. A few months later the whole CI 3 project got reset back to 0% done, what gives? I was not attacked by the AI players.

CW

PsychoTechFreak July 3rd, 2001 08:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CW:
I had a CI 3 project that was a few months from being completed, I then left it there and assigned all the intel points to offensive operations. A few months later the whole CI 3 project got reset back to 0% done, what gives? I was not attacked by the AI players.

CW
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since v1.41 you don't get Messages about intel attacks which failed any more. It seems there are some other problems also...

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ubb/For...ML/003116.html

CW July 3rd, 2001 12:30 PM

I'm only playing the 0.99 demo at the moment...

CW

PsychoTechFreak July 3rd, 2001 03:22 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CW:

CW
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be that excessive points have completed the CI project (this is calculated the same way as the research queue)? Or did you observe the intelligence window every turn to make sure that all points just get into offensive ops ? Maybe you have missed the log message about completion of CI ?

Lucanos July 3rd, 2001 04:55 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PsychoTechFreak:
Or did you observe the intelligence window every turn to make sure that all points just get into offensive ops ? Maybe you have missed the log message about completion of CI ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to my experience:
the Intelligence Points (IP) DECREASE if you're attacked by AI intelligence, by the same amount as they are attacking you with.

Info on enemy failed operations are only displayed if a CI project is COMPLETED.

All according to my experience, so I could be wrong, here.

CW July 4th, 2001 07:38 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Could be that excessive points have completed the CI project (this is calculated the same way as the research queue)? Or did you observe the intelligence window every turn to make sure that all points just get into offensive ops ? Maybe you have missed the log message about completion of CI ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the projected was completed the entry disappears in the intel window. However as I said before it was simply reset to 0, and yes I was absolutely sure that all points went to offensive operations.

CW