.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Reviews and Post-Release Press (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=31036)

Annette October 16th, 2006 03:53 PM

Reviews and Post-Release Press

Hopefully you've all picked up the November issue of Computer Gaming World and caught the action of "Tom vs. Bruce" (or in this case "Tom vs. The Guy Who Wrote the Game's Manual") Their Dominions 3 coverage begins on p.102. By the way, this is the last issue of this great magazine published under the CGW masthead. The next issue will launch the magazine's new name, Games for Windows.

And for all our Finnish players, the next issue of PCpelaaja-magazine (on sale late October) awards Dominions 3 their Editor's Choice designation with a score of 94 out of 100 points.

According to the magazine's editor, reviewer Mikko Rintasaari writes:
Quote:

This is what's it all about: multiplayer. Dominions 3 is the undisputed king of fantasy-themed strategy genre...
The game has depth which makes the word 'massive' feel light and over used...
The 300-page manual is superb and easily worth the extra price.

Nerfix October 16th, 2006 04:02 PM

Re: Reviews and Post-Relase Press

Whoa! Good going!! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

PDF October 22nd, 2006 09:52 AM

In Cyberstratege issue #5 (available in France...), Dom3 gets 9/10 and "golden laurels" prize, , at the end of a thorough, 7-pages (!) review by our famous author, Pocus ! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif
The game gets a 7/10 for previous Dom2 players, because Dom3 isn't much different.

Here's the translation (mine, don't be too picky) of the last, conclusive paragraph :

"We expected much more, but maybe too much, from this new Dominions version. Many improvements were made on the contents, that is new races and spells, but not much on the game mechanisms. We can dream of everything that could have been done yet wasn't done... We've already talked of the combat module, which would really have benefited from more attention, but why not have upgraded map orders (ie waypoints to give orders lasting more than one turn), ability to create real, themed scenarios, a more involved diplomatic system (with at least alliances), more buildings to build, etc...
Illwinter may have lacked of ambition ... or of resources (they are still only two guys !). Still the game is significantly cooler and more accessible. Without reinventing itself, Dominions 3 is a beautiful evolution from Dom II, that is, a huge game !"

PhilD October 22nd, 2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

PDF said:
In Cyberstratege issue #5 (available in France...)

Is it really available in France? I mean, if I try to buy it tomorrow morning, will I be able to find it?

(Mental picture of students asking for help on their code, while I'm pretending to read some obscure documentation)

PDF October 22nd, 2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

PhilD said:
Quote:

PDF said:
In Cyberstratege issue #5 (available in France...)

Is it really available in France? I mean, if I try to buy it tomorrow morning, will I be able to find it?

(Mental picture of students asking for help on their code, while I'm pretending to read some obscure documentation)

Sure it is, you should even have bought it *yesterday* ! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

Edit : oops, in fact only subscribers have it, but it'll be in shops just tomorrow ! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Annette October 23rd, 2006 10:54 AM

Thanks, PDF!

Sci Fi, the official magazine of the Sci FI Channel, gives Dominons 3 a quick nod in it's December issue (p.88) now on newstands. Reviewer Tom Chick writes,

Quote:

It doesn't get much more epic than this... Dominions isn't going to wow you with graphics. Instead, it's going to immerse you in one of the deepest, widest fantasy worlds ever squeezed onto your computer.

PhilD October 23rd, 2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

PDF said:
In Cyberstratege issue #5 (available in France...), Dom3 gets 9/10 and "golden laurels" prize, , at the end of a thorough, 7-pages (!) review by our famous author, Pocus ! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Found it, read it (even BEFORE I saw my students). Of course it left me wanting more, since I already knew what the Dom series was about...

suit October 24th, 2006 05:58 AM

first? review in german language is online
http://www.rebell.at/?site=r5&cn...kel&id=630 (3 pages, german and a few screenshots)
try google translation click for the horrible translated article

btw: the rating (6 out of 10) is no too bad
rebell.at uses a different rating system, we use the score more as it is - 5 is exact mid-range (like the 70/80% ratings at other magazines)

Annette October 24th, 2006 09:14 AM

Welcome to our forums, Suit, and thank you for your review. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

The editor of ExtremeTech.com, Lloyd Case, gives his impressions of Dominions 3 in their Podcast #57, October 16. You'll find a link to listen HERE.. The Dom 3 segment is about three-quarters into the podcast.

Annette November 7th, 2006 04:38 PM

Recently posted at Entertainmentwise.com:
Quote:

With fifty playable nations to choose from, this is probably the widest arching game in terms of sheer gaming experience that we’ve ever seen. This is not one for the casual gamer; it’s a super geeky title with a lovely interface that anybody can understand once they grasp the tutorial. If you’re a hardcore gamer who loves board, tabletop, fantasy and strategy titles, then you will love this...

What it does, it does better than anything we’ve ever seen ... This is for the gaming elite, and for them, Heaven has arrived.

DominionsFan November 7th, 2006 05:40 PM

They have some very good points in that review. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/cool.gif

Annette November 11th, 2006 12:55 PM

Inside Mac Games gives Dominions 3 a score of 8.25:

Gameplay - 9
Sound - 8
Graphics -7
Value - 9

Remi Stebenne writes:

Quote:

With over 600 spells to cast, 1500 units to command and over 300 magical items to use as you see fit, you will never play the same game twice. I keep saying I’ll stop, but hours later I’m still trying to squeeze another turn in...

With a random map generator and all those nations to play as, this game can last you a very long time. Add to that the various multiplayer modes and you are set for life...If you like deep strategy, then this game is definitely for you. It might overwhelm first-time players, but if you can get past that first step, you won’t be able to put it down.

Read the full review HERE.

Annette November 15th, 2006 10:01 AM

GameZone.com gives Dominions 3 a score of 9 out of 10 and their Editor's Choice Award!

Gameplay 8.5
Graphics 7
Sound 8
Difficulty Hard
Concept 9
Multiplayer 9
Overall 9

And the reviewer, Kevin “BIFF” Giacobbi, says he's not usually a fan of turn-based games http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Read the full review here: GameZone.com

Nerfix November 15th, 2006 12:53 PM

Whooo, awesome! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

calmon November 15th, 2006 12:59 PM

Maybe you should provide some german gamemagazines a copy of Dom3. Gamestar for example had some articles about dominions 2 and some early screenshot from dom 3 but never reports anything after the release of the game.

If i write something in german strategy boards 99% didn't know anything of dominions and i'm sure there are many people who would buy it if they know it exists!

Annette November 16th, 2006 10:03 AM

Thanks for the tip on Gamestar. We are also expecting reviews from at least two German online game sites and work with a freelance writer who will have his review published in at least one German print magazine.

Hookedgamers.com has posted their review. Although they only gave a 7 out of 10 (they didn't much care for the graphics), "Rook" writes:
Quote:

Taking in consideration the enormous number of choices that can be made in creating the mythological Pretender Gods, the three different time eras and random mapping, it is almost a certainty that the game will never play the same twice. On top of a massive diversity of the single player mode, Dominions also offers multiplayer games in the way of the old fashioned "hotseat" game and the more convenient LAN game. No matter what flavor you want your Dominion experience to be, it will provide a lengthy and enjoyable gaming session.

The full article is found HERE.

JaguarUSF November 21st, 2006 05:19 PM

Review @ Out of Eight

A Dominions 3: The Awakening review has been posted at Out of Eight PC Game Reviews:
http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2006/1...ng-review.html
Enjoy!

Annette November 22nd, 2006 10:10 AM

Re: Review @ Out of Eight

Quote:

JaguarUSF said:
A Dominions 3: The Awakening review has been posted at Out of Eight PC Game Reviews:
http://jaguarusf.blogspot.com/2006/1...ng-review.html
Enjoy!

A pefect score! Thank you, James. I especially like this:
Quote:

Despite the number of options, the game is actually quite easy to play; complexity really just results from all of the different spells and units available. There's always something to do each turn as well: between casting global spells, crafting magical items, patrolling for rebels, preaching, conducting research, pillaging provinces, performing sacrifices, and capturing slaves, you're never just sitting around in Dominions 3...There might be some side effects due to extended play sessions, but Dominions 3 is well worth the increased alienation from society. Who needs friends when you have a pretender god at your disposal?

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...ies/tongue.gif

JaguarUSF November 23rd, 2006 01:28 PM

Re: Review @ Out of Eight

It's funny because it's true.

Annette November 27th, 2006 07:34 PM

Re: Review @ Computer Games Magazine

Hitting mailboxes now and newstands soon, the January issue of Computer Games bestows their Editor's Choice designation and a score of 4.5 out of 5 stars to our beloved Dominions 3.

Reviewer Tom Chick writes:
Quote:

...there are very few games that show you as much as you'll see here...and no games that do it with the focus, depth, and extraordinary economy of Dominions 3.

And, oh, so much more. Be sure to pick up your copy and read the full review! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

Jefke December 6th, 2006 05:39 PM

Re: Review @ Computer Games Magazine

Just a quick note to signal my humble little 2 pages review in the french paper magazine PC4WAR #24 (preview at http://www.pc4war.com). 8/10.

The magazine will be released in a week to shops. Latest news indicate that subscriber might receive it a bit later.

JeF.

Annette December 6th, 2006 07:45 PM

Re: More Reviews

Thank you, JeF, and welcome to our forums. I've very happy to see you here!

I have more to report...

In Belgium, the current issue of Pc Gameplay Magazine features a review of Dominions 3. Editor-in-Chief Frank Dolmans tells us, "It got a whopping 80+ score, which is quite excellent. Our reviewer was impressed."

And we're told in Italy Giochi per Il Mio Computer has designated Dom 3 "Editor's Pick" with a score of 8.5 out of 10. Reviewer Vincenzo Beretta tells us, "Great game BTW, and a good companion to the "Song of Ice and Fire" saga by George R.R. Martin I'm finally reading while not playing! Congratulations to all those involved."

Here at home, The Bovine Conspiracy has just published it's review of Dominions 3 with a score of 8 out of 10. It's divided into two parts: " Part I: Review for people who already know a lot about Dominions II," and " Part II: Review for people who don’t know anything about Dominions II." The consensus is:

Quote:

If you played and enjoyed Dominions II, Dominions III is an easy recommendation. Hell, it's an easy recommendation for anyone who enjoys deep strategy games and don't particularly care about having the latest whiz bang graphics...It'll be one of those games that will never leave your hard drive. Until Dominions IV.

Please read the full review HERE.

Annette December 11th, 2006 05:26 PM

Australia chimes in!

Atomic,an Australian site affiliated with PC Authority, has posted it's review of DOM3. Reviewer David Kidd awards the game a score of 9 out of 10 and writes:

Quote:

In the end, this is a big, complex beast of a game. It’s a game you have to ‘get’, but when you do, you’ll be a convert forever. You’ll explore each nation, each magic path, and eventually find some killer combination that dominates the map. And then you’ll put it aside and start all over again. And once it grabs you, you’ll find other games of its type shallow and simple. For an independent game, the US$55 might seem steep, but once you start playing, you’ll get months, or even years, of game time, which makes it a true bargain. This is what strategy games are all about.

You may read the full review HERE (link).

Annette December 15th, 2006 12:13 PM

Considering Dom3 for your child?

GamerDad gives their seal of approval of Dominions 3 for kids ages 14 and up. Reviewer Matt Carlson says,

Quote:

The large tomb of a rulebook is your first hint that the game is fairly complex. The wealth of spells and fantasy units that can be found is almost overwhelming. However, the actual mechanics of playing the game are simple enough for a younger child (10+) to play. Aside from the battle animations, which an experienced player will almost always skip, there are no scenes of violence depicted. The battle animations depict the battle between opposing units, with defeated units falling on the field with a minimum of blood and no gore. Magic comes in many flavors, including death magic which has the typical fantasy overtones of necromancy and undead. Of greater concern is one entire line of magic, blood magic, which is powered by the sacrifice of slaves that have been previously culled from one's population. The concept is treated entirely in the abstract and players can choose to not specialize in blood magic, but its presence as a concept gives the game a 14+ rating from GamerDad.

He also awards the game a score of 4 out of 5 stars. The full review is found HERE (link).

Annette December 18th, 2006 10:42 PM

Gamespot says Dom3 is \"Great\"!

Gamespot has just posted their review of Dominions 3. Their score of 8.2 breaks down as follows:

Gameplay _ 9
Graphics _ 4
Sound _ 5
Value _ 9
Tilt _ 10

Reviewer Jeff Lackey writes:
Quote:

The wealth of options means that no single strategy or nation is a sure win (as opposed to other multiplayer games, where playing as certain factions and using certain units and tactics can practically guarantee victory), and you are likely to encounter something you've never seen before every game.

Therein lies the beauty of Dominions 3. Whether playing single-player or multiplayer, you can experiment with a practically infinite variety of tactical and strategic choices and never find a "best" one, because your opponent has the same breadth of options. Dominions 3 is a world both deep and ultimately mesmerizing to the strategy fanatic. If you prefer your games fast and flashy, you'll hate Dominions 3. But if you're the kind of strategy gamer who revels in hunkering down with a highly complex and deep game with a phone-book sized manual and a steep learning curve that really makes you pause, ponder, and think, this is definitely the game for you

The full review is HERE (link).

Annette December 20th, 2006 09:43 PM

Dom3 wins Golden Laurel Award!

I'm happy to say we just got word that Cyberstratege has awarded Dominions 3 it's Golden Laurel award for Strategy Game of 2006. Silver Award went to Heroes V and Bronze Award to Medieval: Total War. Read about it in the issue hitting newstands in France and Belgium on Friday. Congratulations, Johan and Kristoffer!

Annette January 5th, 2007 03:50 PM

Re: Troy Goodfellow reviews Dominions 3

Veteran computer game reviewer Troy S. Goodfellow has posted his review of Dominions 3 at Flash of Steel.
Quote:

Though it can sometimes seem overwhelming, Dominions 3 is probably better at conveying that Grand Strategy sense of ruling a kingdom at war than any other game of 2006.

Think of it. A fantasy strategy game with wizards and centaurs is better at making me feel like Napoleon than Crown of Glory...

Some people complain about the price, but this is a game with more replayability than almost any flashy FPS and it comes with one of those “real manuals” that people say they used to like but miss...when the dog days of August come around and my computer needs to have stuff removed to make room for the next Age of Supreme Civilization expansion, Dominions 3 isn’t going anywhere.

The full article is found HERE (link).

Annette January 8th, 2007 06:17 PM

Re: PC Gamer Review

I haven't received my copy yet, but according to metacritic.com
the February issue of PC Gamer gives Dominions 3 a score of 83, saying:
Quote:

If you want great depth and bang for your buck, you can't go wrong with Dominions 3. [Feb. 2007, p.66]

Annette January 9th, 2007 09:00 AM

Re: Reviews Keep Coming!

A score of 85% from eToychest http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif Edward Pollard writes:
Quote:

The single player game is replete with innumerable options and settings, and the AI is robust and well worth playing. However, Dominions 3 features multiplayer offerings like almost no other game allowing over a dozen real world generals to clash in a large-scale conflict of nail-biting battles and second-guessed alliances. The diversity of the core game and how real world players will collide guarantees a diversity of tactics and options allowing nearly limitless variety in overcoming your opposition, so unlike other games of this type the war isn't over until the last battle is fought.

Dominions 3 pretty much stands alone at what it does, and its central gameplay is well balanced and extremely fun. .. if you're the slightest bit intrigued as to what Dominions 3 has to offer, you should most definitely check it out. Few games are this genuinely unique. Even if the polish is lacking to the point of absenteeism, the game remains brilliant.

The full review is HERE (link).

Gandalf Parker January 9th, 2007 01:32 PM

Scott does fantastic work. I set up automatic news alerts on things that interest me and I see a definate difference between the PR work at Shrapnel vs other places.

Annette January 21st, 2007 10:37 AM

Gaming Nexus has posted their review of Dominions 3 with a score of 8.7. Reviewer Tyler Sager wites:
Quote:

...the AI is quite good on its own, and it has trounced me completely in each game I’ve played. I just don’t quite have the hang of things yet, and I haven’t found the perfect Pretender to suit my liking. However, there are countless combinations to try yet, and I’m sure I’ll get it right eventually. And I’m having a blast in the mean time.

"Tyler explains why the latest installment in the Dominions saga is worth picking up and adding to your collection" HERE (link).

ceremony February 20th, 2007 10:51 AM

Giles Bird gives Dominions 3 four out of five stars at Yahoo! Videogames.

Also, in the year-end awards section in the March issue of Computer Games Magazine, Dominions 3 is named #7 in the top ten games of 2006. Not just strategy games, but all games.

Caduceus February 20th, 2007 01:29 PM

I like the link to WalMart through the Yahoo site which doesn't have Dominions available...

Somebody at Illwinter/Shrapnel should take a screenshot of this page with Dominions 3 nestled between C&C3 and WoW:BC in the rankings on the bottom right!
http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=4

Annette February 20th, 2007 04:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I've written to Yahoo Games to see if we can purchase the "buy now" link since we don't distribute the game through Wal-Mart.

SafeKeeper February 27th, 2007 12:34 AM

MetaCritic is always a good source to check as it struggles to compile every single review for every game out there and give the games an average rating based on all of them. Dominions 3 is currently at an impressive 82%.

Annette March 9th, 2007 10:19 AM

Re: And another!

Yes, Metacritic is a great resource!

For our Finnish players, just got word of a 94% score at Plaza (Link).

Edi March 9th, 2007 11:01 AM

What's the policy on translating articles? I presume we'd have to get permission from Plaza first, but if we do, I can do that. I've worked as a freelance translator at one time and an article like that would be a piece of cake to do, even keeping most of the humor and peculiarities intact.

Annette March 9th, 2007 12:23 PM

I'm not sure about that, Edi. I'll check the editor and let you know. In any case, thank you for the offer.

Annette March 9th, 2007 04:50 PM

Edi,

I received word that it's okay as long as we keep the writer's name and publisher (eDome), and include a link to the original review.

Edi March 9th, 2007 06:19 PM

Ok. Here it is:

[quote]
Dominions 3 (PC, Linux, Mac)

Wanted: A god. Job description includes taking care of running an empire, expanding its borders and eliminating the competition. Applicant is required to possess endless patience and a knack for illogical thinking. Remuneration: Life eternal.

Dominions 3 is truly a god simulator, but not in the beer and pretzels manner. The Dominions vision of godhood is born when a pack of board game freaks get to realize their dreams. The result is a game that can only be understood after hours of poring over a 300-page manual. If this sounds promising, read on.

Dreams of a light weight strategy in the style of Master of Magic can be forgotten right at the start, because Dominions 3 is a serious game strongly reminiscent of the role playing and board games of two decades ago. The already mentioned manual is not included just to lend weight to the box, and includes not only the instructions essential to play the game, but hundreds of pages of tables of different spells, creatures and abilities.

To Become a Caliph in the Caliph's Place

The player steps into the boots, roots or clay bowl of an ambitious pretender to the title of overgod. There is a horde of premade pretender gods and with the god generator you can create precisely the kind of god and religion you want. There is am abundance of parameters, so creating Cthulhu himself is no problem at all. Just as easily you can create the world's smartest shrub that dispenses love and understanding to its followers from a hut on the mountain.

When the god and its followers are generated, the great journey to become the One True Religion begins, hampered by dozens of rival newborn faiths. Territorial conquest can be pursued by the power of weapons, diplomacy or faith. Where one religion equips its heroes with magical items and sets them at the head of a vast legion to conquer foreign lands, another will send its humble preachers to spread the Truth to enemy lands.

The size, shape and content of the game area varies greatly depending on the scenario. In quicker scenarios, the world to conquer contains only a few dozen provinces. The larger ones will occupy your time for weeks on end. The game includes excellent editors and capabilities that allow you to modify everything, from units to world to scenarios.

The actual combat engine follows in the footsteps of the earlier Dominions titles and is pure math. The player sets tactics, routes and formations for his armies. After this is done, the computer will determine what happens in battles. The player watches a battle replay afterward to witness a mountain-sized blob of good destroy hundreds of enemy spearmen. Oh how I wish this basic idea could be combined to a battle engine of the Total War type!

The Heavenly Legion

Like the previous Dominions titles, in addition to the gods, Dominions 3 includes hundreds of different units, each with its pros and cons, even if the only pro is sometimes "dirt cheap". Besides the common grunts, the game is full of different types of heroes who gather experience, scars and new items from battlefields like the god they follow. There are hundreds of spells, magic items, rituals and other methods to help climb the ladder of life and godhood.

Under correct supervision, the weakling hedge wizard of the beginning can transform into a legendary messenger of evil whose spells bring the world to eternal darkness and drown half the planet. On the other hand, the mighty god of the player can just as easily get creamed at the hour of his victory by an enemy hero who has discovered a legendary magic sword, which means a quick retreat back to the swamp to nurse wounds and plot revenge. Both examples are also possible in the game.

The best parts of the game are its open-ended playability and incredible depth. The replay value is absolutely staggering, because every single game is different with regard to what the computer does, but additionally the player can radically change his own experience by creating a different sort of god than the last time.

Despite its immense depth, Dominions 3 is not without its problems. The almost amateurish development team can be seen and felt in the dull appearance and clumsy user interface. Even though you learn it in time, the illogical combination clicks and endless menus will be confusing for a long while.

Dominions 3 will undoubtedly also not please all players, or even many. It requires a massive amount of immersion and time to become entertaining. Yet the effort is ultimately rewarded, because gamers of Ye Olde Board Game School and strategy fans will hardly find a better game of this genre very quickly.

Developer: Illwinter Game Design
Publisher: Shrapnel Games
Tested on: Intel Core2Duo E6600, Geforce 8800 GTS, 2 Gt DDR2-800
Available for: PC, Mac OSX, Linux
System requirements: 600 Mhz Pentium II, 256 MB RAM, 500 MB hard drive space, GeForce or equivalent OpenGL-compatible graphics card
Multiplayer: 21 players over LAN, PbeM or hotseat
Other: Sold only through the home pages of the game
Home page: http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Illwinter/Dom3/

by Miikka Lehtonen, eDome (Original review in Finnish)
Translation to English by Esko Halttunen (Edi)

Annette March 10th, 2007 08:39 AM

Thanks, Edi!

Malthus April 18th, 2007 04:13 AM

I didn't see this in any of the posts (looks like it was posted on 12/2:

http://www.frictionlessinsight.com/a...s_3_the_3.html

Annette April 23rd, 2007 06:23 PM

Thanks, Malthus. I'm sorry I missed posting that one.

A new review of Dominions 3 has just been posted at Tacticular Cancer. Check it out HERE (link).

Annette May 1st, 2007 11:35 AM

I just got word that the new issue of Knights of the Dinner Table features Rick Moscatello's review of Dominions 3. An excerpt:
Quote:

This is a flat out awesome game, and anyone with an interest in epic
fantasy strategy needs to check this masterpiece out, it can easily become a
way of life

For more information about this publication, please visit their website HERE (link).

Zarkon June 7th, 2007 06:48 PM

Okay, not technically a review, but gamerankings has a nice section on Dominions 3 at
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpage...=dominions%203
(I confess that compared to metacritic, gamerankings is downright ugly, but hey...)

Anaconda April 24th, 2008 08:21 AM

How did PELIT react?

Edi April 24th, 2008 08:47 AM

They never did a review of Dominions 3. I plugged "Dominions" into the search feature on their site and it gave me reviews of Dominions - PPP and Dominions 2, but not Dom3. DomPPP got 80 and Dom2 90 points.

S.R. Krol May 25th, 2008 05:49 PM

A year ago Knights of the Dinner Table magazine reviewed Dom 3 to much praise. In the latest ish, 139, Rick Moscatello leads off his review column with, "A year ago I covered the awe-inspiring Dominions 3, an epic turn-based strategy wargame, arguably best in the genre, that belongs in any serious gamer's collection."

Very often with games and the gaming press once someone is done with a game you never hear about it again from them, so it's nice to read such praise about the game a year later.

anticipatient June 26th, 2008 08:58 PM

Games for windows, PAH!

Sleet June 30th, 2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

S.R. Krol said:
A year ago Knights of the Dinner Table magazine reviewed Dom 3 to much praise. In the latest ish, 139, Rick Moscatello leads off his review column with, "A year ago I covered the awe-inspiring Dominions 3, an epic turn-based strategy wargame, arguably best in the genre, that belongs in any serious gamer's collection."
Very often with games and the gaming press once someone is done with a game you never hear about it again from them, so it's nice to read such praise about the game a year later.

Yes, that is the place where I found this game! I tried the demo and then bought the game the very next day.

KODT. Awesome mag, one of my FAVs. Some great story-lines, takes me back to my old D&D and other gaming days. Nice little fix.. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif