.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Improvements/ wish list (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44448)

Shorty December 4th, 2009 03:08 PM

Improvements/ wish list

Which things do you miss in the Prosim games?

- I would like to be able to prioritize targets for anti-tank weapons. Say an entrenched Dragon team is to fire at tanks, APCs and anti-tank vehicles; but is to ignore engineer vehicles.
- In the manual there should be a description of which formation is better in which situation.
- During setup there should be a warning if one puts a vehicle in a spot where it cannot move from.
- It should be possible to make aircraft/helicopters use missiles on armored targets only.

Craigs December 4th, 2009 09:39 PM

Re: Improvements/ wish list

Id like to see the return of seperate view options for each zoom level. Id also like to have more zoom levels,or even be user configurable. Oh and if its not too much trouble Id also like another whole game to buy.
BTW I bought The Falklands war the other day, I have all the others, TFW is very well done. I think the maps really capture the barren-ness that I see in documentaries on Youtube.

Shorty December 6th, 2009 10:32 AM

- There should be an auto defilade funktion for vehicles reaching a stop node.
- I wold like to be able to transfer direct fire ammo between units; Bradley->Bradley, Apache->Apache and so on. I immagine that the delivering unit will give half its remaining ammo.
- Units should be prioritise enemies who are a thread to them selves. Tanks should be firing at BMP3s before 2S1s - not the other way round as I have experienced many times.

Patrick Proctor December 7th, 2009 04:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestions...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty (Post 720711)
- Units should be prioritise enemies who are a thread to them selves. Tanks should be firing at BMP3s before 2S1s - not the other way round as I have experienced many times.

Actually, the game goes through a kind of complicated decision process. A 2S1 is actually a higher payoff target than a BMP3, as it can provide fires across the battlefield. But I understand your point. The BMP3 is more lethal. I will take a look at it.

Shorty December 9th, 2009 01:50 PM

I guess it is far easier to make a game model based on target payoff than target threat.

Two more for the wish list:
- When planning fire misssions it would be nice if the actual target area would be shown when choosing linear or open sheafs in stead of the center cross.
- Laser designating units should have an extra arc in LOS showing the distance it can lase. And some sort of indication when it is designating a specific target. Say arrows on the red sight lines.

Shorty April 14th, 2013 11:38 AM

For defensive missions, or missions with a counter recon part, before starting I would like to have a to show line of sight of all units at the same time. So as to see if there are places where the arcs do not overlap.

I would also like to be able to save a targets position, for a later fire order. (Patrick - how could you miss this?)

ACE July 16th, 2013 04:36 PM

It would be great to see all SOPs at one time.

ACE September 25th, 2013 04:36 PM

I would like to set waypoints and artillery fires by typing coordinates

ACE January 10th, 2014 03:43 AM

A simple tool to measure distance.

(It is possible to measure it with coordinates but it would be nice to see this kind of tool build-in )

Shorty January 15th, 2014 03:51 AM

Just out of curiosity - for what purpose, ACE?