.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   How the heck do I...? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=30121)

MythicalMino September 5th, 2006 01:21 AM

How the heck do I...?

deselect a commander from another one?

In other words....I had shift selected 2 commanders to move them together....now, I want to move just one, but when I click on the commander, I select both, and I cannot figure out how to deselect the one I don't want to move...

Anyone can help me out here???

Thanks

Chris

Arralen September 5th, 2006 01:41 AM

Re: How the heck do I...?

Shift-click on ONE again ...

Wish September 5th, 2006 02:05 AM

or ctrl-click on the commander you want to add or remove (depending on what their status was originally)

MythicalMino September 5th, 2006 02:40 AM

thanks....I think I will just make this my "question" thread....

It has been awhile since I have played the game...but Dom3 has be pretty excited, so I figured I would just reinstall and have at it....

and I am enjoying the game quite a bit....

shovah September 5th, 2006 03:06 PM

I know the feeling, the game is plenty fun after a while of not playing it (which is why dom3 will rock since my dom2 isnt working atm)

BigJMoney September 5th, 2006 05:10 PM

I wonder why it's like that. I guess because there is so much to experience in this game that even if you get temporarily tired of it, you'll want to come back later and experience new things. Honestly, if Dom3 didn't realease for another couple of years, I'd still have a lot to do with this game.

=$= Big J Money =$=

MythicalMino September 7th, 2006 12:54 PM

in my current game (vs. the AI)....a province that supplies knights sits right next to my capital....

If I built a fortress in that province, that would take resources from my capital, right?

Should I just not bother with utilizing those knights in that province? (I am playing as Caelum, by the way)

quantum_mechani September 7th, 2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

MythicalMino said:
Should I just not bother with utilizing those knights in that province? (I am playing as Caelum, by the way)

Yes, not only does caelum have much better things to spend gold on, indy knights are pretty much impossible for any nation to mass in meaningful quantities.

MythicalMino September 7th, 2006 02:30 PM

ok....thanks....

Chris

Gandalf Parker September 7th, 2006 02:55 PM

You dont have to build a castle there to use the knights. It might take awhile to build one but I tend to like to have some in the works.

They can be very useful as flankers. Set them off to the side (the top or bottom of the screen when assigning positions) and have them attack rear. Even better is to have a mounted commander and have the knights guard commander. Then have the mounted commander wait, wait, attack rear.