.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Stupid question about infantry (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52246)

Isto May 7th, 2019 06:25 PM

Stupid question about infantry

How does the infantry calculate damage ?

Does it matter how many men there are on the squad.

For example, is a 10 man squad with one rifle weapon slot less effective than 2 man squad with two rifle slots ?

scorpio_rocks May 8th, 2019 02:11 AM

Re: Stupid question about infantry

A class 1 weapon in slot 1 IS dependant on number of men in the squad - other weapon classes and other slots are not.

a 10 man squad firing a rifle (class 1) from slot 1 will be far more effective than the same squad firing the same weapon from slot 2.

From the GG:
Quote:

Class 1 - This is the infantry primary weapon class. This covers Rifles, SMG and so forth. Infantry units with a class 1 weapon in weapon slot 1 will have their fire effect adjusted for the number of men in the unit and range in hexes, less bonus at long range. This reflects the number of riflemen in the section. Inf Prime weapons not in slot 1 do not get this bonus.

Isto May 8th, 2019 11:49 AM

Thanks for clarifying this. That certainly makes sense.

Ts4EVER May 8th, 2019 02:53 PM

So this only works with rifles and such? Say I would put a machinegun in slot 1, there wouldnt be ten machineguns firing?

scorpio_rocks May 8th, 2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ts4EVER (Post 845189)
So this only works with rifles and such? Say I would put a machinegun in slot 1, there wouldnt be ten machineguns firing?

Yes ONLY Class 1 Weapons and ONLY slot 1

DRG May 8th, 2019 06:55 PM

Machinegun are NOT weapon class 1 weapons so NO they would not use the number of men in the unit multiplier.

sigeena May 8th, 2019 09:14 PM

And big platoons such as Polish ones with 19men tear chunks when their shots hit.

mccarty.geoff May 29th, 2019 02:22 PM

Not a stupid question. I've wondered this as well. Too bad that other weapon slots/classes can't be given a man multiplier. This was one of the major improvements Grigsby made in his third release I believe while WinSP is based on the second version.
Oh and Hello, long time player first time poster.

DRG May 29th, 2019 03:22 PM

If he did ( which I have not found any evidence of....we have SP3's code as well ) why would you want a man multiplier applied to a units AT weapon or LMG.... or a flamethrower ?.... you would not which is why it's only applied to class 1 weapon in weapon slot 1

mccarty.geoff May 29th, 2019 03:56 PM

iirc All unit weapons in SP3 had an element multiplier because it was platoon based. I wouldn't use a straight multiplier if I had my way. It would be the sum total of all rolls and therefore more variable. That way all unit to unit weapon strikes could be displayed at once as well to speed play. Frankly, Kampfgruppe calculations were exponentially better than Steel Panthers.