.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Bug: Campaign: Review Unit (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51554)

Warnevada March 22nd, 2017 02:44 PM

Campaign: Review Unit

1 Attachment(s)
The Review Unit function between battles shows a blank screen.

DRG March 22nd, 2017 02:52 PM

Re: Campaign: Review Unit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warnevada (Post 837911)
The Review Unit function between battles shows a blank screen.

Which type of campaign? There are FOUR types
  1. Generated
  2. Long
  3. Scripted
  4. PBEM

Which battle ? Had you seen this before but not now ??

I need DETAILS to investigate this. Just saying " The Review Unit function between battles shows a blank screen" means NOTHING without the details

and if it's a scripted campaign I need the NAME as well and what battle it is

Warnevada March 23rd, 2017 02:49 PM

This is a generated campaign started under v9. It is after the fourth battle, which was a Special battle.

Never had this issue before v10.

DRG March 23rd, 2017 05:11 PM

I don't suppose I'd be lucky enough that you had a save of that campaign just before the fourth battle ended, would you?
N O T H I N G was done to the campaign code this release.

Do you recall what the victory /loss for you was at the end of the fourth battle and what were the opponents and date? ALL of that information could be relevant.

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEE ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN A GENERATED CAMPAIGN AS WELL?

Mobhack March 23rd, 2017 06:02 PM

Just tried the review unit function in an ongoing generated campaign, and all works as expected.

A save of the game in question, and a pointer to whichever unit(s) is/are having a problem would be rather helpful. "Bug" reports without data so the error can be demonstrated, are not that helpful.

My guess is that since it is an ongoing campaign, across different versions then perhaps the original unit was based on something that no longer exists in the latest OOB. Or, it was a home-rolled OOB that is no longer in use having been replaced by a stock OOB, so leaving a blank slot where the original custom unit was. If the review function finds a null unit definition, then it will abort as there is nothing valid there. You can test for that by turning unit IDs on and checking the ID given against the OOB in Mobhack.

DRG March 23rd, 2017 06:27 PM

Yes... which unit where you attempting to review ? I've tried healthy ones and ones that were totally destroyed and the review screen showed normal behaviour.

It MAY be a unit that was removed between V9 and V10 so knowing which one, and the nation would be helpful

grond69 March 24th, 2017 11:31 AM

I did experience the same "blackout". It was a generated campaign with winSPMBT that was started under the earlier version. But after I finished with repairs, etc. the review feature worked just fine, and hasn't come back. No idea! I just checked my finish of game save and everything worked fine. This is the same one that had the "blackout" the first time I looked at it.

DRG March 24th, 2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grond69 (Post 837938)
I did experience the same "blackout". It was a generated campaign with winSPMBT that was started under the earlier version. But after I finished with repairs, etc. the review feature worked just fine, and hasn't come back. No idea! I just checked my finish of game save and everything worked fine. This is the same one that had the "blackout" the first time I looked at it.

GENERALLY when I take a unit OOS I renationalize it that year then remove it if and when I need to use the slot. That allows me to fix any scenarios. But sometimes I break that "rule" and just pull them out then check scenarios for any reported unit error but I hadn't considered that anyone mid-campaign might run into a problem but I'm thinking that's what may have happened here so knowing which unit in which nation showed blank like that would be most helpful because if it's NOT a removed unit from the database there's something else but we'd need a save game to sort out what that might be

Bottom line if anyone sees this again get a save and post it and we'll look into it or at the very least identify the unit that was checked that came back blank. It can't be a common issue or we'd have heard about it before now

Don

Warnevada March 24th, 2017 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was using a stock OOB. The blank review was for every unit, not just one or two. It was after doing a Fix All. I don't know if this will help but here's the save after the battle ended.

grond69 March 24th, 2017 05:41 PM

mine was USMC 1984ish. And every unit that I clicked on showed blank. Never seen it before or since. I didn't click every unit in my core, but I did for half a dozen or so. Sorry not more details. Like I said, it was fine after repairs. Oh, stock OOB. I don't mess with that!