.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Leaving the map (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52236)

chris h April 26th, 2019 09:28 AM

Leaving the map

Do you lose points for leaving the map, voluntarily or through rout?

scorpio_rocks April 26th, 2019 11:49 AM

Re: Leaving the map

You never lose points for anything (the enemy gains them...)

However - Troops leaving the map do not grant victory points to your opponent (other than for damage already done to the unit).

Felix Nephthys April 26th, 2019 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Leaving the map can be a viable strategy during a campaign if things get too intense to preserve your force for the next battle, unlike when you are fighting a regular scenario where you don't have to worry about the lives of your digital soldiers.

Attachment 15745

Our fearless A0 unit about to issue YET ANOTHER "stand or die" order, because it's turn 30 out of 35 and you gotta do SOMETHING.

Then walks away towards the map edge grumbling to himself, "Order this, spot that. Move here, move there, I'll make em ALL pay."

chris h April 27th, 2019 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks (Post 845116)
You never lose points for anything (the enemy gains them...)

However - Troops leaving the map do not grant victory points to your opponent (other than for damage already done to the unit).

Thanks.

PantherCub April 29th, 2019 05:26 AM

Aren't you supposed to gain points for exiting units on the enemy side of the map in an advance scenario?

And vice versa, I vaguely recollect reading that you should getting points for exiting your own units on the friendly mapedge in a delay scenario.

Mobhack April 29th, 2019 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherCub (Post 845137)
Aren't you supposed to gain points for exiting units on the enemy side of the map in an advance scenario?

And vice versa, I vaguely recollect reading that you should getting points for exiting your own units on the friendly mapedge in a delay scenario.

Sheer fantasy. Unless it's one of those sets of special circumstances a scenario designer has written where you tot up the units and multiply by 10 or whatever, like some scenario designers count the casualties.

In fact - I am not 100% sure that you can exit other than your own side, but have never thought to try it. (And I am not trolling through the code to see if it could be done. Anyone really truly interested can set up a test scenario).

The game itself does not give any points for it, that's for sure.

PantherCub April 29th, 2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 845138)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PantherCub (Post 845137)

Sheer fantasy. Unless it's one of those sets of special circumstances a scenario designer has written where you tot up the units and multiply by 10 or whatever, like some scenario designers count the casualties.

In fact - I am not 100% sure that you can exit other than your own side, but have never thought to try it. (And I am not trolling through the code to see if it could be done. Anyone really truly interested can set up a test scenario).

The game itself does not give any points for it, that's for sure.

Yes, you can exit on the enemy side.