.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Shrapnel General (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official Request Thread (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40202)

Mindi August 14th, 2008 10:16 AM

Official Request Thread

This thread is to request new functionality that doesn't currently exist on this forum. We may no promises on what may be added, but we are open to hearing any ideas for features that would be beneficial to the community. OT posts will be removed.

BadCompany August 14th, 2008 11:31 AM

Re: Official Request Thread

What is a OT post?

Mindi August 14th, 2008 11:33 AM

Off Topic

lch August 14th, 2008 01:21 PM

I'd like to request that existing quotes don't get filtered out when you're quoting a post. Or at least only from 1 or 2 nesting levels on. I have difficulty to find what exactly I wanted to cite when those quotes are removed.

Mindi August 14th, 2008 01:26 PM

I will see about changing the setting to be a little more liberal. You should check out what I just posted in the questions thread about the multiquote feature as that may be valuable to you as well.

BadCompany August 14th, 2008 01:27 PM

This not something really important,but I think the Bookmark and Tags boxes should be under the quick reply box.

JimMorrison August 14th, 2008 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadCompany (Post 631059)
This not something really important,but I think the Bookmark and Tags boxes should be under the quick reply box.

Seconded. :up:

In case it was lost in the shuffle, I'd also like to second the request that we have multiple/custom site themes. :happy:

Annette August 14th, 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadCompany (Post 631059)

The Bookmark and Tags boxes are placed as they are by design to encourage their use, which helps our placement within search engines. I may not have explained that properly or thoroughly because it's not my area of expertise, but this is a marketing tool and as such will remain as is. Please view it as a way to help the company reach new users.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMorrison (Post 631104)
Seconded. :up:

In case it was lost in the shuffle, I'd also like to second the request that we have multiple/custom site themes. :happy:

The theme is an integral part of our complete site design and corporate branding - also not subject to change.

We appreciate your suggestions, but I'm afraid these particular requests won't go on our list of considerations. I hope you understand.

BadCompany August 14th, 2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette (Post 631128)
The Bookmark and Tags boxes are placed as they are by design to encourage their use, which helps our placement within search engines. I may not have explained that properly or thoroughly because it's not my area of expertise, but this is a marketing tool and as such will remain as is. Please view it as a way to help the company reach new users.

The theme is an integral part of our complete site design and corporate branding - also not subject to change.

We appreciate your suggestions, but I'm afraid these particular requests won't go on our list of considerations. I hope you understand.

Ok now I see.I get it now.Thanks for reading my post.

lch August 14th, 2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette (Post 631128)

The quick reply box only shows up for logged in users, so it shouldn't impact crawlers from search engines or visitors at all if you move it, I think.