.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Map: Divine Right 2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41796)

Aristander January 1st, 2009 01:00 PM

Divine Right 2

2 Attachment(s)
I have uploaded the files. the .z is the map in rgb format. The zip is the .map file.

Happy New Year.

Get the new year off to a good start by trying my new version Divine Right 2 map. It has 271 land and 37 sea provinces. The map was to big for the forum so download it at the link below.
All suggestions welcome.

Aezeal January 1st, 2009 01:09 PM

Re: Divine Right 2

Ow pretty... me wants.. can't you zip it and post it here?

at a first glance it looks beautifull and better than that, a nice number of land and sea provinces for the SP games sizes I like, MP too actually.

a suggestion (minor) for a possible next map you make: try to spread landtypes a bit more (assuming all matching colors are indeed similar landtypes).

lch January 1st, 2009 01:13 PM

Ah, was that the same map that you had with hexes before? I think that these new province borders are a lot better. :up:

Gandalf Parker January 1st, 2009 01:56 PM

The landtypes dont seem too bad. As long as a nation cannot end up with only ONE terrain. Such as having a forest so large that you have to capture quite a few provinces to get mountains.

Nice map.
There are utilities out there which would turn that into a spinning globe graphic.

Aristander January 1st, 2009 08:18 PM

Thank You All.

Aezeal - zipped the file is 28 megs just over the limit to post here.

Ich - The map is the same general idea as the first but I redrew it for the globe. The Mountain ranges are much wider in this version.

Gandalf - Re the terrain I agree. I would like to have more mixed terrain although I do give many provinces border mountains. Ashdod, Pan and to a lesser extent Jotunheim and Mictlan have alot of some terrain.

Endoperez January 2nd, 2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aristander (Post 663274)
Gandalf - Re the terrain I agree. I would like to have more mixed terrain although I do give many provinces border mountains. Ashdod, Pan and to a lesser extent Jotunheim and Mictlan have alot of some terrain.

I hope you made Ashdod start in a swamp or a wasteland, not in farmlands... ;)

Humakty January 2nd, 2009 04:26 AM

Are there startpos for every factions ? Anyway, really nice map, just the size I use as of now.

JimMorrison January 2nd, 2009 05:10 AM

Wow, that really is a work of art! Kudos!

Tichy January 2nd, 2009 01:42 PM

That is one attractive map. Darn you! Calls for papers looming, new semester to get ready for, and a new map I wanna wanna play...

Humakty January 6th, 2009 05:57 AM

Having a closer look at it, it suddenly became obvious this map had crap loads of work sunk into it. The zoom in is really enjoyable, as you discover all those nice details that make it so cute. The preset start pos and province naming are nice too, gives a RPG feel for SP games.

Apart from that I spotted province 36 is not connected to any neighbour. I wonder what you do think of adding some connections across the seas, would speed up the mid to late game methinks.