.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   I need help to design a campaign (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52325)

Roman December 11th, 2019 01:54 PM

I need help to design a campaign

The idea is to make a small campaign (2 battles) where special Argentine units carry out an attack on a drug trafficking camp on the triple border of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.
The first battle would be in charge of the scouts and snipers with thermal sights, to take advantage of a night attack. They would take the guard posts.
In a second battle the bulk of the troop intervenes.

I have created a couple of scenarios that work well. In the first one I have an exploration force and then reinforcements arrive in turn 10, 2 before finishing the stage.
But when I want to incorporate these scenarios into a campaign, all troops appear in the deployment, the reinforcements command is deactivated.

As I do not handle English well, it may have escaped something.

I don't make a plan b. A scenario with only the troops fighting in the first scenario that would be recognizable, then I add more troops in the other scenarios.
But would it be a problem because the troops you add would be auxiliaries?

Suhiir December 11th, 2019 02:49 PM

Re: I need help to design a campaign

You need to create the entire OOB for the players forces and use it, unaltered, in BOTH scenarios.

Just set units that are not used in the first scenario as reinforcements that appear after the scenario time limit, thus they never appear.

Roman December 14th, 2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suhiir (Post 846394)
You need to create the entire OOB for the players forces and use it, unaltered, in BOTH scenarios.

Just set units that are not used in the first scenario as reinforcements that appear after the scenario time limit, thus they never appear.

Okay. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to do it

Suhiir December 14th, 2019 10:58 PM

In a campaign you have to select ALL the CORE units to be used and keep that part of the OOB unaltered throughout the campaign (the game itself will keep track of what's damaged/destroyed). You can add "auxiliary" (i.e. they only appear once as "Auxiliary" (ONLY) units, and of course you can do what you like with the OpFor.

To keep CORE units from appearing in a given mission just set them as reinforcements scheduled to arrive on some turn greater then the scenario length, that way they never actually show up. UNLESS they're artillery, artillery will still fire counter-battery missions, I often use this to represent air strikes the player has no control over vs OpFor off-map artillery.