.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Is it just me or??? <army didn't move> (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40792)

Dragar October 7th, 2008 08:28 PM

Is it just me or??? <army didn't move>

I just had something happen to me that has happened a few times before - army didn't move. Now, I haven't gone back and checked that the order was there, but I'm 99.5% sure it was. It seems to happen every now and again, normally (as this time) at exactly the wrong time.

There were 3 separate commanders, and I was moving them one step to hit an army. I was also sending a smaller army with one commander there from a different direction. He arrived fine of course and got killed, whereas the entire army would have had an easy win.

Note that no-one attacked my stationary army, that's not why it didn't move.

Is it just me, or am I really forgetful, or does this happen to people every now and again?

Deadnature October 7th, 2008 08:56 PM

Re: Is it just me or??? <army didn't move>

It seems to have happened to me as well, but I just chalked it off to my own laziness. So I can't confirm it.

vfb October 7th, 2008 09:05 PM

This happens every now and then. Were any of the 3 commanders stealthy or flying? Do you know if the opposing army was trying to move/sneak any commanders into your province?

I was hoping the 'move order validation' fix in the latest patch had fixed this problem. I burned 3 turns in an MP game just trying to fight an enemy army, but my orders to march were ignored by my cowardly commanders every time. Finally I had to give up and go around, wasting a couple more turns.

Dragar October 7th, 2008 09:31 PM

No, all three were the same, neihter stealthy nor flying. I'm not aware of any commanders moving into my space. I reckon it happens to me about once per game - I had one commander not move in another game two turns ago, while the other one in the same province did

konming October 7th, 2008 10:17 PM

I understand a possible solution is to ungroup all commanders from the said province and move them one by one.

Dragar October 7th, 2008 11:21 PM

I'd be more worried about just one commander arriving there alone! Better all 3 stay put and my army stays together

llamabeast October 8th, 2008 04:41 AM

If anyone can report this for a LlamaServer game then I should be able to find the files, confirm the bug and send it off to JK.

Edratman October 8th, 2008 09:40 AM

I've had similar problems and found out the problem was me.

It occurs when I give orders to other commanders starting in the same province. Not quite sure exactly the sequence, but I have noticed that I end up cancelling moves by other commanders including armies if I click wrong or something.

thejeff October 8th, 2008 09:45 AM

I have definitely had this problem. It's hard to be sure, because it is fairly easy to misclick and cancel move orders without noticing, but sometimes it persists for multiple turns. It's a lot harder to believe I misclicked on the same commanders on two consecutive turns, when I was paying more attention because I'd expected them to move the first time.

Dragar October 8th, 2008 11:48 AM

I just checked i tout to make sure its valid, which it is.

Turn 17 for Pythium, Doomsday. Army in 58 attacking 57. They just stay put.

The othe rone I thought was fishy turns out I didn't have the commander selected somewhow..

thanks heaps llama