.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   How do I kill an Apache helicopter? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52045)

Roman September 6th, 2018 04:43 PM

How do I kill an Apache helicopter?

How do I kill an Apache helicopter? in 2018?

Aeraaa September 6th, 2018 04:49 PM

Re: How do I kill an Apache helicopter?

Wait for it to hover, then ATGM.

Or use lots and lots of AA.

Mobhack September 6th, 2018 05:10 PM

If hovering - use an APDS round. Rather deadly from modern MBT if he forgets to shift (and the AI is bad at that). An ATGM can slot it in the hover as well, but MBT Sabot is the best on one that's dumb and static.

Any SAM needs to have very high EW to outfight it's high EW factor, and be good since the crews are well trained and so tend to dodge well.

Use lots of radar-aimed AAA with decent EW factor. You only need the one damage point to send him homewards to fix his bird.

Plaster the area it's operating in with indirect HE strikes, if its at low altitude these can hit it.

If it gets within ~100m of your infantry, they can have a go with rifles.

Fly right up to it with your gunships and give it dakka from 50m range... cannons, rocket pods etc can be nasty.

If one does go boom - you have scored a lot of points.

Roman September 6th, 2018 07:39 PM

Thanks!!!

Isto September 6th, 2018 09:16 PM

Response with sam missiles.

Osa system seems best suited to take down armored helicopters, but only in game version 11 or lower.

RetLT September 7th, 2018 12:25 AM

If you go helo to helo, approach from the rear. I seem to have better results this way.

Imp September 7th, 2018 06:54 PM

Games last resort APC rush.
Probably going to be suicide for the first couple, preferably fast & armed with more than just a basic MG as damage chance is low, BTR not BMP.
Get adjacent and hit probability is acceptable so blast away.
Get crafty if you have more than one that has the range to reach it attack it with the one that has the least movement points left after you have placed the others behind it for when it runs.

Wdll September 8th, 2018 10:51 AM

I rarely find I need to kill a gunship. A few good shots and I tend to see them retreat off the map.
Soviet/Russian air defense systems seem to be working fine against them, if you have them. NATO not as much. In general though I prefer to use manual fire from mobile SAMs than anything else.
As close as it is to the gunship, the better chance to hit it. At least that's what my experience says.

Roman September 8th, 2018 03:50 PM

Thanks!!
I just killed the Apache with a atgm toophan