.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   (commander) disappeared one night and was never seen again (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41053)

Innocence October 28th, 2008 06:28 PM

(commander) disappeared one night and was never seen again

Got this message in a game: "(commander) disappeared one night and was never seen again. This night some people heard the most beautiful song", and lost a commander :confused:

What happened?

Gregstrom October 28th, 2008 06:36 PM

Re: (commander) disappeared one night and was never seen again

Sounds like a siren song to me. Give your commanders in coastal provinces water breathing items, and they'll suffer less. If someone has cast Lure of the Deep, try dispelling it.

Nikelaos October 28th, 2008 06:40 PM

yep definately a siren, either oceania has a spy in you're province or it's lure of the deep.

Tifone October 28th, 2008 06:43 PM

He has escaped from his wife with a country music singer to Las Vegas. When he'll sober up he'll come back to his 4 sons :D

Innocence October 28th, 2008 06:46 PM

Army was next to a water province, but that province is still indie.

There are no water nations in the game, and no Global Enchants.

Is the Siren in the land province from where the commander disappeared, iow can I catch it by patrolling?

Gregstrom October 28th, 2008 06:49 PM

Looks like a random event then. I don't know if the siren hangs around and can be caught by patrols, or whether it was a one-off event. Looks like the reverse event to the one where a peasant finds a wounded siren and it ends up on your side.

Lingchih October 28th, 2008 06:51 PM

Yes, it is in your province. Yes, you can catch it by patrolling.

Nikelaos October 28th, 2008 06:55 PM

what lingchih said, but only if oceania is in the game you're playing, if so it is almost certainly siren, and can be on land, now just patrol it can't be too hard to find a bird with a voluptous chest area and a human head - especially when it sings so loud.

Lingchih October 28th, 2008 09:09 PM

I don't know about the oceania thing Nike. I've had Sirens pop as random commanders in many games with different nations. And I have never played Oceania. It might need a water nation to spawn them though.

Endoperez October 29th, 2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingchih (Post 648877)
I don't know about the oceania thing Nike. I've had Sirens pop as random commanders in many games with different nations. And I have never played Oceania. It might need a water nation to spawn them though.

I've seen land nations get Sirens quite often.

It could be a Siren that some other nation got, that is now used to kill your commanders. That sounds more probable than independent Siren knowing to hide and lure.