.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Resupplying off-map rocket batteries (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=24997)

RVPERTVS July 20th, 2005 11:39 PM

Resupplying off-map rocket batteries

Can anyone tell me how I can resupply my MLRS off map rocket batteries?..and if it is the same for the dos v? Thanks in advance

JaM July 21st, 2005 03:08 AM

Re: Resupplying off-map rocket batteries

You can not ressuply off map bateries

RVPERTVS July 21st, 2005 03:11 PM

wow, whatīs the reason for that?..I mean that donīt seems realistic to me

loktarr July 21st, 2005 04:39 PM

I think that,in the time taken by a SP game , resupplying an off-map MLRS battery would allow you to have afar greater support than a companie or battalion leader have never had...

Mobhack July 21st, 2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

RVPERTVS said:
wow, whatīs the reason for that?..I mean that donīt seems realistic to me

because only on-map units can use the ammo truck, and then only the human player can use this, the AI has no idea re ammo resupply.

if you want to reload your of map rockets, then buy 2 of them, and keep yourself to only using the second "reload" battery a significant time after the first one fired, based on the real life reload time of the R/L in question.

Cheers
Andy

RVPERTVS July 21st, 2005 11:32 PM

Yes, I get your point, but here's mine:

I understand off-map batteries are normally deployed in the rear with the gear, so I think it wouldn't be unrealistic to have them automatically resupplied after running out of ammo, waiting the same time it takes for an ammo carrier to supply a field batery of course.

Lars_Remmen July 22nd, 2005 02:22 AM

I think of off-map artillery as assets that can be called on by other units, and that the time they can support me is defined by the amount of ammo the unit has. One can either Mobhack extra ammo for the off-map units or in the case of most wetern armies mobhack the rocket unit to appear on-board.

Regards,

Lars

DRG July 22nd, 2005 07:28 PM

We could have easily doubled or trippled the ammo load for arty units then a whole OTHER set of player would complain about this un-realistic change. Many OOB's already contain regular batteries and batteries with double the Ammo ( USA 105 battery+ unit 531 is one example. It has 180 rounds per gun and that's lot's of ammo)

Or, if all you want to do is be able to play with all the ammo you want without limit you can turn the Ammo limit OFF in the game preferences.

Don