.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Thousand Year Ginseng (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45143)

Mysterio March 17th, 2010 07:21 PM

Thousand Year Ginseng

I'm not too familiar with this spell, so I was hoping others could assist me.

1. It sounds like this spell is only useful for the caster, meaning the caster can't target another commander for the spell. Is this true?

2. If a mage is diseased due to old age, will this spell remove the disease? I ask, because the spell description states, "The Thousand Year Ginseng will give the imbiber longevity and good health..." I'm assuming it doesn't.

Illuminated One March 17th, 2010 07:49 PM

Re: Thousand Year Ginseng

No, longetivity or what the suck it's called doesn't grant you good health.
It just makes sure you're tough enough that you have more time to revel in the pleasantness of a *ucked body part for a longer time. As a general rule of thumb you should ask your local witch doctor for longetivity before you contract a disease.
Except if you loose hitpoints every turn, then longetivity won't stop your approaching death.
A ring of regen can keep you alive with disease for a long time but only a healer can make the disease go away.

Baalz March 18th, 2010 08:48 AM

Useful bit of trivia: afflictions caused by old age can't be healed by normal healers (only by Gift of Health or the Chalice)...unless you're not old anymore. So for MA TC who has national healers you can fairly comfortably only cast that spell once you contract a disease or other affliction you want to get rid of.

Stavis_L March 18th, 2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baalz (Post 736066)
...you can fairly comfortably only cast that spell once you contract a disease or other affliction you want to get rid of.

Unless of course that first affliction happens to be Mute or Feeblemind. :p

Luckmann March 18th, 2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Useful bit of trivia: afflictions caused by old age can't be healed by normal healers (only by Gift of Health or the Chalice)

And the Healing Spring. :p

zzcat March 18th, 2010 10:22 PM

IMO if the diseased commander has N path, giving him a thistle mace until he's healed will be a better option even in CBM. In vanilla game the spell is absolutely ridiculous. Why wasting 8N for 5 years when you can get +1N and 50% max age with 7N and one research level earlier?

Edi March 19th, 2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckmann (Post 736129)
Quote:

Useful bit of trivia: afflictions caused by old age can't be healed by normal healers (only by Gift of Health or the Chalice)

Not unless the old age is gone via increased nature magic or something else, unless your tests were conclusively with mages who did not have old age and afflictions disappeared.

Luckmann March 20th, 2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edi (Post 736234)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckmann (Post 736129)
Quote:

Not unless the old age is gone via increased nature magic or something else, unless your tests were conclusively with mages who did not have old age and afflictions disappeared.

I've had afflictions that can't possibly have been caused by anything other than old age cured by the healing spring. They didn't have any nature magic, nor was Gift of Health or any such spell active.

Torin March 22nd, 2010 08:58 AM

odd. i couldnt find the spell via the f5 key but i found inner alchemy

Redeyes March 22nd, 2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torin (Post 736643)
odd. i couldnt find the spell via the f5 key but i found inner alchemy

It is nature under construction.