.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Question: Vehicle Turret Traverse Key? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51859)

shahadi March 14th, 2018 12:08 AM

Vehicle Turret Traverse Key?

In reading the game guide and checking a thread here on Vehicle Facing, I could not find the key or combination of keys to cause a vehicle's turret to traverse.

Which compels me to ask, how may a player move a vehicle's turret without changing the facing of the vehicle?

<br>

DRG March 14th, 2018 12:30 AM

Re: Vehicle Turret Traverse Key?

You need a target.

If you have one press T......pick the target you want by pressing N until you have the one you want then press F and the turret will turn to face the target when it fires and the hull stays facing the direction it started facing

RightDeve March 14th, 2018 12:39 AM

You can also turn the whole turret-hull facing, and then move the tank anywhere. The hull will face the direction the tank is moving, but the turret stays where it was facing before. This is useful for example if you want to advance on a certain direction but suspects some tanks/guns may be coming from the sides.

shahadi March 14th, 2018 01:09 AM

I wasn't clear in my question; in the Editor, during deployment, How may I turn a vehicle's turret 180 degrees.

So, in my scenario a platoon of M3A2's are screening a company of M1A1's with turrets traversed.

<br>

Imp March 14th, 2018 09:15 AM

I dont think you can only in game as RightDeve mentioned.

RightDeve March 14th, 2018 10:07 AM

Actually there's a way, but rather tedious:

Deploy your troops as usual & save it, then load the scenario to actually play it. While playing the scenario (only 1 turn preferably) change the tanks facing using previous methods mentioned (you can also add smokes or any in-game elements). Save the gaming session. Open the save folder, and rename the saved files into SpScn format. Move those renamed files into the Scenario folder. Load the Scenario into the Scenario Editor, and then continue your scenario making process.

A saved game that is converted into Scenario automatically plays from turn 1 again, regardless how many turns you have played. But damages, terrain, facing, smokes, etc etc are recorded (actually continuing from that saved game, but now the Turn counter says 1). Even as far as I recall, retreat or rout status was retained.

DRG March 14th, 2018 11:04 AM

It's a rarely used trick but it does work

shahadi March 14th, 2018 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RightDeve (Post 841429)
Actually there's a way, but rather tedious:

Deploy your troops as usual & save it, then load the scenario to actually play it. While playing the scenario (only 1 turn preferably) change the tanks facing using previous methods mentioned (you can also add smokes or any in-game elements). Save the gaming session. Open the save folder, and rename the saved files into SpScn format. Move those renamed files into the Scenario folder. Load the Scenario into the Scenario Editor, and then continue your scenario making process.

A saved game that is converted into Scenario automatically plays from turn 1 again, regardless how many turns you have played. But damages, terrain, facing, smokes, etc etc are recorded (actually continuing from that saved game, but now the Turn counter says 1). Even as far as I recall, retreat or rout status was retained.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 841430)
It's a rarely used trick but it does work

<br>

Imp March 15th, 2018 09:11 AM

Good one forgot all about that, great for early morning mist for river crossings or valleys hammer it with smoke lasts around 5 turns so you need to get a wiggle on.
You can just save the map if I recall, for more consistent smoke but takes a while buy a vehicle edit smoke dischargers, clone.
Drive across the map discharging in each hex entered then save the map. Seem to remember does not last as long though so only did it once.

Imp March 15th, 2018 09:24 AM

Sorry for double post if i remember correctly for the artillery edit experince to 100 & clone, I think they get more smoke.
Handy if you want to keep them & plot more smoke at setup as a top up.
Cannot remember if you can edit HE ammo to zero, may need to be one.