.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Scenario: WW3: The days complete (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51491)

SaS TrooP February 5th, 2017 02:40 PM

WW3: The days complete

1 Attachment(s)
Here finally comes the third scenario from WW3 series. In this and then next one we will focus on Polish effort to stop the Russians.

In "World War 3" series I will take a look at possible Russian 2020 invasion of Europe. Europe is currently ill-prepared for any kind of war, what could give Russians an edge if they will keep upgrading as they do. Many of those scenarios will have special victory conditions relying on casualties you take.

And all of them will involve only real life units recreated after as detailed OOBs as I can.

Polish 20th Mechanized Brigade, equipped with obsolete tanks and IFVs tries to stop Russian motorized brigade in this first minutes of WW3 border battle near Kaliningrad and Mazury area.

Particular thanks to DRG, Grand1pa and others who helped me to more or less fix the AI in this battle. I put a lot of heart to it only to find there is serious trouble with Top/Down battles if AI is the mobile side. This scenario was tested more than the others I do, but I hope it will work fine as it works for me. Sadly though, if I knew of it beforehand, I would stick to left/right deployments and probably make it even more fun and challenging.
I leant from this and will not make that mistake in future scenarios to come.

But I believe you should see for yourself, so here it is ;)

DRG February 5th, 2017 02:53 PM

Re: WW3: The days complete

It's now in the patch as scenario 351 so everyone will get a chance to try it

Don

SaS TrooP February 5th, 2017 06:17 PM

Will previous ones be included too?
When you plan to close scenario list for new patch?

Aeraaa February 5th, 2017 06:53 PM

Yay! More scenarios! :) Will definitely check this one out.

DRG February 5th, 2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaS TrooP (Post 837073)
Will previous ones be included too?
When you plan to close scenario list for new patch?

• Yes
  • The next patch will be released in March and there will be an updated CD available as well

I will accept new scenarios up to the last week in March but if they don't make it to this one they will the next. Right now the end of the month is a lot of work away

RetLT February 9th, 2017 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very tough scenario. I managed an MV by points and a DV by the special conditions.

I managed to stop the Russian advance at the Markiny-Nalikjy Road.

The Polish player will get slaughtered in a stand up fight especially since the T-90s can see through smoke and your BWPs and T-72s can not.

I picked off the Russian APCs and then fell back since I could not hurt the T-90s. I managed to disable several of these (which were later abandoned) with concentrated arty fire when they bunched up.

The T-90s continued to advance without infantry support I destroyed several with close assaults and flank shots.

Russian arty fire and air strikes took a toll on my forces. I only launched one WW airstrike and after it was shot down I decided that the AAA environment was too dangerous to risk further strikes.

My arty units had to keep shooting and scooting to avoid counter battery fire. I lost over 1/2 of my arty units to this.

I am looking forward to trying this as the Russians.