.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   You've killed our god! No, it was suicide! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=32199)

Loren December 7th, 2006 03:17 PM

You\'ve killed our god! No, it was suicide!

He attacked with a very weak force against a provence with very high defense. Of course he got creamed. That's supposed to be my fault?!

I'm also not sure what happened after that--he kept returning into a provence I controlled and kept dying, turn after turn after turn.

Aeshi December 7th, 2006 03:27 PM

Re: You\'ve killed our god! No, it was suicide!

It WAS your fault!YOU put the defense there!

Only Joking.The AI is very very dumb at times

NTJedi December 7th, 2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Loren said:
I'm also not sure what happened after that--he kept returning into a provence I controlled and kept dying, turn after turn after turn.

When a pretender is called back by priests it will return to its capital. If you own this capital usually players will be able to kill the pretender again with little difficulty.

Agrajag December 7th, 2006 04:02 PM

Quote:

Loren said:

Is that province by any chance the capital of his nation?
EDIT: serves me right for having dinner before clicking the submit button :X

PvK December 7th, 2006 08:10 PM

Turn after turn suggests his pretender is immortal...

Agrajag December 8th, 2006 05:04 AM

Aren't immortals supposed to die permanently if their home province is under enemy control?

Loren December 8th, 2006 04:06 PM

Quote:

NTJedi said:
Quote:

Loren said:

When a pretender is called back by priests it will return to its capital. If you own this capital usually players will be able to kill the pretender again with little difficulty.

I later figured out it had been his capital. I kept killing him and killing him until finally he ran out of dominion and the remains of his empire died.

Loren December 8th, 2006 11:49 PM

Another battle, the same game. This time in the arena.

Yeah, I killed his god. His blind, mute, one-armed god. Just how stupid is the AI to send him into the arena in the first place?

Cant the AI remember what I fielded in the last battle? Or does the AI only look at the fact it was a mere crone without paying attention to the stats? (hp 507. Magic Resistance: 26. Strength 211. Attack 75. Defense 81. The lowest magic path is 11.)

Uh-Nu-Buh December 9th, 2006 09:28 AM

By Chuthulu, how in the nine other dimensions did you get a crone with those stats??? ANYTHING with those stats???

Dedas December 9th, 2006 09:47 AM

I don't want to meet THAT crone in a dark alley!
Well, to be honest, I don't really want to meet any crone anywhere... oh well