.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Cyprus Gamble - Greek border atk in the south (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52439)

mjonasz May 20th, 2020 11:00 AM

Cyprus Gamble - Greek border atk in the south

A new scenario from the Cyprus Gamble novel. Here the Greeks begin their offensive in the south into eastern Thrace in support of the amphibious landing in Cyprus.

PLEASE NOTE THE CORRECTED VERSION IS IN POST #8. ANYONE WHO DOWNLOADED THE ORIGINAL NEEDS TO DOWNLOAD THE CORRECTED VERSION.

I HAVE REMOVED THE ORIGINAL ATTACHMENT AS IT WILL NOT WORK IN EITHER v14 OR ANY PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF THE GAME

Aeraaa May 21st, 2020 04:06 AM

Re: Cyprus Gamble - Greek border atk in the south

Wow, a scenario about the geographic area I served.

If the Greek formation happens to be the 31st mechanized, I'll have goosebumps.

mjonasz May 22nd, 2020 08:55 AM

No -it's 7th mech. 31st will be in the next scenario. Having served there, you may like the book!

mjonasz May 22nd, 2020 08:59 AM

I just updated to v14 and couldn't make the scenario work there so I have redone it for v14 and am resubmitting it here.
Also, there was an error in the text file: instead of "if playing against a human opponent" should read "if playing against the AI". This is corrected in the attached text file.

PLEASE NOTE THE CORRECTED VERSION IS IN POST #8.

RetLT May 25th, 2020 02:42 AM

I downloaded the new files into the MBT scenario folder but the game still does not acknowledge them as being there.

With the new update I think they have to be SPMBTSCN1000 rather than SPSCN1000 to get it to read.

Perhaps one of the other designers can confirm.

Mobhack May 25th, 2020 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetLT (Post 847569)
I downloaded the new files into the MBT scenario folder but the game still does not acknowledge them as being there.

With the new update I think they have to be SPMBTSCN1000 rather than SPSCN1000 to get it to read.

Of course they must be, as we detailed in the release notes for the latest version detailing the new scenario numbering, and the introduction of the game name (stops nuking an MBT or WW2 scenario by dropping the wrong game's scenario into the wrong folder).

DRG May 25th, 2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetLT (Post 847569)

There are a number of problems with the numbering..... one, we did not expand the map slots so there is only 999 available and that's the autosave slot so the map numbering is one higher than available and the scenario numbering uses the old system. I will prepare a corrected ZIP today

DRG May 25th, 2020 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached is the corrected scenario and map.

There were a number of issues

The map is now in slot 450 and everyone who reads this and wants to submit a map ---------PLEASE ensure that the Objective flags are turned OFF when you save it

The Scenario has been moved to slot 550 and is named correctly for V14

The Scenario text has been re-written slightly as this IS NOT a "WinSPMBT Tutorial Scenario"

When you extract this it will be in a "Cyprus Gamble - Gr border atk S" folder. You are responsible for moving the two map files to the MBT maps folder and the three scenario files to the MBT scenarios folder

RetLT May 28th, 2020 03:15 AM

Little more than target practice for the Greeks. Way too many helos, artillery, and SAMs.

I destroyed the entire Turk force and only lost 7 APCs

Don't know if it is scenario specific but I had Apaches fire AP ammo at infantry squads when they ran out of HE ammo. This seems odd.

Steves308 May 28th, 2020 05:07 PM

I think you were supposed to play the Turkish side, not the Greeks :D

Steves308