.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   WinSP Scenario Design Clinic (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=30000)

Double_Deuce August 30th, 2006 12:30 PM

WinSP Scenario Design Clinic

I am currently working on setting up a Scenario Design Clinic for those interested in getting into Scenario/Campaign Design but are not sure where to start or what is really involved.

It will allow for new designers to post their project and allow others to help them test, comment on and provide guidance as the project is being worked on. Designers can also use their thread to request specific assistance from veteran designers.

It's in the early stages at the moment and another announcement will be made when I get things more organized. It will cover both WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2.

If you might be interested post here and I'll try to answer any questions as well as provide additional information on the project. You can also shoot me an email at spmbt-project@combat-campaigns.com

Pyros August 30th, 2006 12:50 PM

Re: WinSP Scenario Design Clinic

Hi,

This is a good effort from Double Deuce, and I will try whenever possible to provide my assistance to anyone who needs help on advanced scenario issues.

cheers,
Pyros

Philip August 30th, 2006 11:36 PM

Seems interesting. I would be interested. I seem to make alot of Scenarios and camps but never release any. Alot of times never finish.

Double_Deuce August 31st, 2006 12:14 AM

Quote:

Philip said:
Seems interesting. I would be interested. I seem to make alot of Scenarios and camps but never release any. Alot of times never finish.

I know the feeling. I have about 6 campaigns in various stages of being finished.

There are a lot of people posting great ideas for scenario's that will never get done. We need some of these "idea people" to take it to the next step and learn to design. If they have the idea in their head chances are they have an OOB and the scenario breifing already thought out to some degree. It's not hard, time consuming yes hard, no.

What I would like for this clinic to do is allow others to provide place for designers to get guidance and support to keep their project moving through to completion. Then release them as a Scenario Pack.

Adz June 25th, 2008 06:13 PM

Hi Guys - I've just joined as I've only recently hooked up with WINSPMBT after playing the various DOS versions to death!

I'd certainly be interested in a scenario design clinic as I have a boatload of ideas but zero fraction patience to finish anything! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

Example - I want to do an early '90s confrontation between Egypt and Sudan in the disputed Hala'ib Triangle - a Sudanese helicopter assault against some frontier unit outposts, with each side throwing in reinforcements of various kinds.

Skirmisher June 26th, 2008 12:12 AM

My problem is making the maps. Can I do it? Yes, I just find that part of scenerio design tedious.
I much more enjoy placing and editing of the units, creating the waypoints, and writing the text.

Currently looking to "team up" with a quality map maker to
speed up the process.
Topographic map design from actual topo maps creates the best maps I think. Alot of maps have far to much "clear" terran on them.

Adz June 28th, 2008 03:01 PM

Quote:

Skirmisher said:
My problem is making the maps. Can I do it? Yes, I just find that part of scenerio design tedious.
I much more enjoy placing and editing of the units, creating the waypoints, and writing the text.

Currently looking to "team up" with a quality map maker to
speed up the process.
Topographic map design from actual topo maps creates the best maps I think. Alot of maps have far to much "clear" terran on them.

I know what you mean - maps are the one thing that put me off doing any scenario design.

Sniper23 June 28th, 2008 05:57 PM

I know what you mean - maps are the one thing that put me off doing any scenario design.

[/quote]

Me too,i just don't have the patience or time to make maps

Adz July 7th, 2008 09:36 AM

For instance, can anyone tell me:

1) how to put down barbed wire in a hex

2) how to choose suitable buildings for a camp or outpost style settlement?

TIA

Beachinnole November 25th, 2010 07:04 PM

I have made some Golan Heights and Suez Canal maps from Google Earth Imagery, problem is by the time I'm done with the map I'm exhausted and never finish the scenarios!