.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Transformation questions (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41411)

Gregstrom November 27th, 2008 04:37 PM

Re: Transformation questions

IIRC the possible results of transformation depend on the terrain you cast the spell in. I think Wastes are one of the better options for casting the spell.

thejeff November 27th, 2008 11:15 PM

It's really nice for TreeLords, as for the immobile pretenders.
Mobility and I think you may be able to summon the TreeLord again?

Tifone November 28th, 2008 08:15 AM

Is there the chance to have your mage become something really tough?

Illuminated One November 28th, 2008 09:04 AM

I think not.
You can get a bit better stats out of it but not enough to place the mage at the frontline. And you loose all slots except two misc slots, so you are very limited when building something out of it.

However I think this spell is rather good for human mages:
If you have no intention or not the capability to really equip your mages it is a nice alternative to giving them shields or armor and some animal forms are probably an even better defense when someone casts earthquake or similar spells - additionally the enemy will not get hold of items when you loose.

Another point is that you most of the time get very good movement. Forrest Survival, Mountain Survival, sometimes even Flying or Stealth. Now your mapmove 1 mages can keep up with your armies, are upkeep-free, and not as easy to take down. I think that's really worth 3 nature gems.

Endoperez November 28th, 2008 09:07 AM

You may get something big, and/or something with 30+ hp, but most tough forms lack slots. Bears, Great Eagles and similar are about as tough as they come, apart from some big monsters from Crossbreeding.

Gandalf Parker November 28th, 2008 12:44 PM

Its useful in getting something tougher, more mobile, more leadership..
but not something REALLY tough.

Tifone November 28th, 2008 01:29 PM

Yeah, I was thinking bout something on the line of the Diablo druids (becoming those mighty bears) but i feared this was not the case :o

cleveland November 28th, 2008 02:35 PM

But remember, your animal will have N magic (at least)

An animal with a Lucky Pendant & (Barkskin)(Personal Regeneration)(Elemental Fortitude)(attack)(Poison Touch)Attack Closest will definitely be tougher than whatever feeble old mage you used to have. :)

Tifone November 29th, 2008 07:05 AM

Yeah, but it will be 5 astral pearls for the pendant, +8 nature gems for the transformation, +1 or 2 N gems x combat (I'd say) not to fatigue too much for those buffs, + the 20% risk of having an "at least" N3 mage feebleminded or dead and the risk of having him become something of little worth... :(

Your idea is nice :) but seem expensive and risky for the result... Being Alt 7, this spell seems a bit underpowered to me...

PS: is there a chance of becoming a Mammoth? ;)

Gandalf Parker November 29th, 2008 12:43 PM

Probably too expensive for MP. Especially on smaller maps.
But not too expesive for some fun role playing in a solo game. :)