.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Will there be a 2018 update? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51825)

DRG February 15th, 2018 10:46 AM

Re: Will there be a 2018 update?

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imp (Post 841139)
He is saying wants to create a 10 x 30 map similar to the boards in squad leader.

Most games use more than 1 board so you are going to be cut & pasting anyway so I would make all maps 30 x 30.
Going to need to create 4 for each board to cover all facings, then there are the overlays :)

For multiple board sets load the first board
Adjust playing area to total size for all boards, 40x30 would be 4 boards.
Cut & paste the other boards to original board.
Done.

Dont remember playing many single board games, would need to get creative & while not perfect just add a couple of rows of impassable terrain.

Ah ! That's different, I thought the reference was to the 50 meter per hex coverage area.

Attached are two blank custom maps......they will be entered into the next SPWW2 upgrade using these Map numbers. One is a true 10x30 playing area ( I had to change the code to 12x32 to get the 10x30 playing area )and the other is 30x10 playing area. They can be customized and saved like normal maps.

The game will still restrict size as in the past but it will load and save these as well maintaining the current size so you can recreate a single board squad leader map now

This shows it with terrain added but the ones in the zip are blank green

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attac...1&d=1518706708
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attac...1&d=1518708384

keif149 February 15th, 2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 841146)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imp (Post 841139)
He is saying wants to create a 10 x 30 map similar to the boards in squad leader.

Most games use more than 1 board so you are going to be cut & pasting anyway so I would make all maps 30 x 30.
Going to need to create 4 for each board to cover all facings, then there are the overlays :)

For multiple board sets load the first board
Adjust playing area to total size for all boards, 40x30 would be 4 boards.
Cut & paste the other boards to original board.
Done.

Dont remember playing many single board games, would need to get creative & while not perfect just add a couple of rows of impassable terrain.

Ah ! That's different, I thought the reference was to the 50 meter per hex coverage area.

Attached are two blank custom maps......they will be entered into the next SPWW2 upgrade using these Map numbers. One is a true 10x30 playing area ( I had to change the code to 12x32 to get the 10x30 playing area )and the other is 30x10 playing area. They can be customized and saved like normal maps.

The game will still restrict size as in the past but it will load and save these as well maintaining the current size so you can recreate a single board squad leader map now

This shows it with terrain added but the ones in the zip are blank green

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attac...1&d=1518706708

Lol, well I'll be damned. I thought I would be chastised for making a request and you gave me a great present!!!
Thanks a lot! Even though I've been here since 2006, I don't ask for much:D

DRG February 15th, 2018 11:36 AM

For a custom map used in a sceanrio where everything can be placed manually the game will use these as normal....the reason the game controls will not be changed to allow this at will is there are too many subsystems for basic game functions.....like V-Hex placement for one....automatic unit deployment for another that would have to be tweaked and tested to make this generated game usable ...we thought 20x20 was "small enough" and even that has some occasional issues crop up due to it's size but for making a small unit custom sceanrio these will work well.

Enjoy....

FYI the map generator will work with these but you can't autogenerate 15 high mountains. There isn't the "room" for the map generator to do much but give basic terrain

Don

DRG February 15th, 2018 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This expands the set. I recall from early SL that there were games that could be set up on two or three maps set end to end so this set gives 6 blank maps that can be edited using the existing map editors:

10x30
30x10
10x60
60x10
10x90
90x10

any larger combinations can be recreated with the existing game code. All of these will appear in the WW2 upgrade that will be released this spring

keif149 February 15th, 2018 04:32 PM

Man, more than I got for Christmas :you:

Thanks also for making them true width and length also.

Yeah, sitting on 2000+ Advanced Squad Leader scenarios....

Imp February 15th, 2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keif149 (Post 841152)

Yeah, sitting on 2000+ Advanced Squad Leader scenarios....

Wow that was a Christmas present then think I only have 150 or so.

Suhiir February 15th, 2018 11:12 PM

Had a LOT of fun with ASL back in the day.

scorpio_rocks February 16th, 2018 08:33 PM

Any thoughts on more "shots/reloads" for Tank countermeasures (trophy, etc)?

FASTBOAT TOUGH February 17th, 2018 02:05 AM

Don and I had some discussion on this awhile back. I believe it to be in the MBT Thread. If I recall correctly the number we discussed was 4 or 6 shots.

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

DRG February 17th, 2018 09:33 AM

There has been no change to the number of countermeasure "shots"