.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   SEIV (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   OT: Google Chrome (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40471)

geoschmo September 5th, 2008 05:21 PM

OT: Google Chrome

Ok, is it just me or is the Google Chrome logo a little creepy. Like a computer eyeball watching me. Given the recent privacy concerns over Google keeping tabs on your browsing history, was this really a good choice? :)

Baron Munchausen September 5th, 2008 10:52 PM

Re: OT: Google Chrome

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoschmo (Post 636644)
Ok, is it just me or is the Google Chrome logo a little creepy. Like a computer eyeball watching me. Given the recent privacy concerns over Google keeping tabs on your browsing history, was this really a good choice? :)

... Says the guy with an eyeball for his avatar. :p

Anyway, I don't think it looks all that much like an eyeball, not even a computer eyeball.

I am going to be extremely interested to see how things progress as Google integrates its other programs into this new browser, though. It was the fear that the browser would become an OS that prompted MS to crush Netscape. Now it looks like Google is going to make the nightmare come true, and Google is not going to be nearly so easy to crush.

(And of course, there are huge market forces driving towards mobile computing and platform independence that didn't exist in the 90s. Smart phones and similar small devices are the perfect platform for something like this. They barely existed a decade ago.)

TurinTurambar September 6th, 2008 11:31 AM

I'm wary of anything "beta", especially with the recent privacy concerns that have surfaced, but a co-worker of mine is using the thing, and his comment was "Dude, Google Chrome rocks my world..."
So, apparently, so far it's pretty spiffy!:D

geoschmo September 6th, 2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen (Post 636729)
... Says the guy with an eyeball for his avatar. :p

True, but I don't try to hide the fact that I am watching you. :eye::eye:

Azselendor September 6th, 2008 08:39 PM

At least google isn't plotting to make us live in a house without windows like apple is.

President_Elect_Shang September 8th, 2008 07:47 PM

Visually it's better (brighter, crisper) then FF; however, I have had problems with text in some text boxes. Not this one but in others the text will disappear or the spell checker won't work for example. It reminds me a lot of ie but I have only messed with ie maybe a half dozen times?

Captain Kwok September 8th, 2008 07:55 PM

What is Fyron's opinion?

President_Elect_Shang September 10th, 2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Kwok (Post 637300)
What is Fyron's opinion?

Wow No comment from the master of all things yet? :p

Captain Kwok September 10th, 2008 06:25 PM

I'm surprised as well. :P

But the SE forums at Shrapnel have really died off since the forum changeover.

President_Elect_Shang September 11th, 2008 12:44 PM

True it has but I expect once the shock has worn off things will pick back up again.