.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Advice On Middle Age Agartha (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=34318)

Jazzepi April 20th, 2007 02:42 AM

Advice On Middle Age Agartha

Any helpful tips? I've never played this nation, and they seem pretty bad. I tried searching the forums and didn't pull up anything useful.

Jazzepi

PvK April 20th, 2007 03:47 AM

Re: Advice On Middle Age Agartha

I haven't tried playing them yet, but their human infantry is rather good (sort of like Ulm, but better in some ways), without Ulm's weaknesses, but also without its forge bonus. Natural ideas include Blade Wind, Darkness, national summons, productivity scale, and niche uses of the giants.

Wish April 20th, 2007 04:38 AM

put a wraithsword in the hands of one of those big marble guys that they can summon.

Teraswaerto April 20th, 2007 09:57 AM

The national statue summons are pretty good.

Ewierl April 20th, 2007 10:17 AM

Stacks and stacks of the mid-level (Ench 4) national summons, and a vicious bless. I like F9/W4, since those guys don't benefit from Earth or Nature. If you can swing some Astral, that also will help; Earth is good on your sacred mages and to allow eventual Earth Blood Deep Well, even if the bless doesn't help your statues.

If you aren't up against forces that have lots of high-damage armor-piercing options (even 10ap crossbows do minimal damage against 22prot!), those guys will plow through armies like there's no tomorrow.

Manuk April 20th, 2007 12:05 PM

Dark knowledge+Umbrals?

Baalz April 20th, 2007 01:10 PM

I love Umbrals. Send 2 umbrals per mage, and cast earth power/iron warriors/iron warriors (then whatever you want). With 20 protection, ethereal, good hp and life drain they're ridiculously effective for a cost of 2 death gems.

Ubrals + Gift of Reason is also pretty darn good. Stealthy, ethereal, good HP, life drain, 0 encumberance (slap black plate on them with no fear). 2d+20n for a pretty reasonable SC chasis if you can swing the nature.

Also, with those bad *** earth mages I find its usually more effective to go with buffs/de-buffs than damage dealing spells. Just watch how effective your light and medium infantry is with summon earth power/strength of giants/legion of steel/destruction/destruction.

RonD April 20th, 2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Baalz said:
Ubrals + Gift of Reason is also pretty darn good. Stealthy, ethereal, good HP, life drain, 0 encumberance (slap black plate on them with no fear). 2d+20n for a pretty reasonable SC chasis if you can swing the nature.

If you plan ahead to get blood magic, toss in a black heart for one of the few true thug/SC assassins. Just remember to not give them a weapon.

ologm April 20th, 2007 02:36 PM

MA agartha has golem cult active, meaning that golems/statues gets +10% hp pro your dominion level.

I also appears to stack with gift of health, because a juggernaut in dominion 10 went from 200 to 800 hp.

Jazzepi April 20th, 2007 02:57 PM

How do you know that golem cult is active? It's not a spell in the book, and it's not in their description in the manual.

Jazzepi