.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Info: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47171)

FASTBOAT TOUGH March 26th, 2014 11:57 AM

Re: Windows Vista and Windows Seven Installation

"Program File" should of course read "Program Files" in my last just ran out of time to edit it.

Regards,
Pat

prinzeugen March 30th, 2014 05:16 PM

after installing lastest patch 7 (2014) with windows 7 game no longer works period. windowed or unwindowed or at any resolution. Hit play and computer goes back to desktop and both my laptop and desktop

DRG March 30th, 2014 07:16 PM

Well you're the first that has happened to so delete the copy of the V7 patch you have then reinstall the game up to the V6 patch then download the V7 patch again.

I suspect what you have is a corrupted download of the V7 patch otherwise everyone with Win7 would be having trouble.

Don

zovs66 April 2nd, 2014 02:28 PM

I am running on Windows 7 and I installed the patch and no problems what so ever.

Everything is peachy fine.

Spledge November 11th, 2014 04:46 PM

Is running winSPWW2 on Win 7 64bit an issue?

Is running winSPWW2 on Windows 7 64bit an issue?

scorpio_rocks November 11th, 2014 10:36 PM

Re: Is running winSPWW2 on Win 7 64bit an issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spledge (Post 827202)
Is running winSPWW2 on Windows 7 64bit an issue?

not if you follow the directions in the first post of this thread and install it outside the "standard" .../program files/... or .../program files (86)/... file structure.

Spledge January 12th, 2015 04:01 PM

How about Windows 8?

Any plans to make the game playable on a 64bit Win 8 system?

Mobhack January 12th, 2015 08:06 PM

Re: How about Windows 8?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spledge (Post 827805)
Any plans to make the game playable on a 64bit Win 8 system?

Running perfectly fine on my 64 bit windows 8.1 box in windowed mode at desktop resolution so it uses the 1080i wide screen.

But 256 colour MSDOS mode is not well supported by some modern post Vista graphics cards/drivers. The mode causes graphics lags and stuttering on scrolling on many such modern cards that dont have legacy modes any more.

Full screen 256 colour mode is therefore obsolete (unless you happen to find a card where the vendor has written in support for legacy games). But that is what windowed mode + desktop resolution (if you have the full game) is for.

(Be aware that many modern graphics cards and/or monitors wont go down to an 800x600 screen size either, with 1280 being about the smallest size offered. Free demo users might have to play-test the game in an 800x600 window.)

DRG January 13th, 2015 08:00 AM

It's running perfectly fine on my 64 bit windows 8.1 box in windowed mode at desktop resolution as well.

In my case I run a one year old machine that was built for win8 and I CAN run fullscreen up to desktop but fullscreen desktop for me runs "pokey" whereas fullscreen < desktop runs more or less normally the game runs best windowed mode desktop

Read the thread just below this one "Running the game windowed vs fullscreen " it explains our position on this issue

Don