.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   The Non-violent High Score List (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=26800)

Ripcord O'Reilly November 21st, 2005 01:01 AM

The Non-violent High Score List

What's your best score acheived without firing a single shot?
Note: Use of either the vacuum collapser or the chromium gong is prohibited!

Ripcord O'Reilly November 21st, 2005 03:01 AM

Re: The Non-violent High Score List

Ramming is prohibited as well!

jab2565 November 21st, 2005 04:50 PM

So far mine would be -2000 for heading into a black hole accidentily http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

LastSurvivor November 22nd, 2005 12:19 AM

Quote:

I also take it use of any allies is prohibited too.

Highest so far, non-violent, using science ship, small universe 4315 - only ended cause I folded out of supernova star and it ran into the ring and I was destroyed. Folded in just fine though...

Ripcord O'Reilly November 22nd, 2005 05:07 PM

LOL pfreak.

LastSurvivor, right. No ally shots either.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hint: You can always get the two items from a space hulk, regardless if it is the activating kind or the dead kind, by cloaking and then boarding.

jab2565 November 22nd, 2005 11:47 PM

alright my best 27253, medium enemy strength with science vessel, had allies but did not engage any enemies.

Shadowcat November 23rd, 2005 08:21 AM

I've managed 41,883 on a large map, but I did need to peform one single offensive action in that game in order to thwart the Yellow Kawangi who had decided to invade.

I'm not sure that should really be held against me, though (especially given the number of star systems and doubtless-valuable goodies therein that they managed to destroy before I was able to get to them).

Strider November 24th, 2005 08:42 PM

Large Map, Less Nebula, Normal enemies.
30,615 ...found the Hyperdrive the next planet after the half-way announcement. Nary a shot fired.

James Sterrett November 25th, 2005 12:35 PM

The gong and collapser are out - but is the Mirror legal...? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Phoenix-D November 25th, 2005 01:12 PM

Well, the mirror doesn't blow your enemies to bits so I'd day..yes.

Strider November 25th, 2005 03:58 PM

Unless you send them to a Black Hole http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

PvK November 25th, 2005 08:06 PM

Well that condenses them into a single bit... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

LastSurvivor November 26th, 2005 12:10 AM

Simple way to not fire a shot is to remove all weapons. I trade them off for those odd-n-ends items (some of which do help with certain events). 26830 pirate ship, large everything.

Richard November 27th, 2005 01:09 AM

30155 on large map. Got the Mantle, Hyperdrive, and the Mirror which made it all pretty easy.

nihilix December 2nd, 2005 06:08 AM

Large map, most everything, frigate.

Left the two Tan Ru orbiting - no mirror.

37455/

Combat Wombat December 3rd, 2005 07:36 PM

jab2565 December 7th, 2005 01:57 AM

alright now this is truely a non violent victory. I had 33495 score. I found primordous and got the ship needed to kill him. Problem is that there was no weapons in the entire galaxy that were powerful to use to defend the ship much less do anything else. So in order to kill him I sent the ship on a suicide course right into primordous. The entire game the most deadly weapon I had was the LVC.

JoeFaust December 7th, 2005 03:22 AM

Anyone know of a way to get rid of wingmen, short of getting them killed in a fight? I keep trying to go for high non-violent scores, but then I get Ripcord or the Crippled Muktian, and they slow me down bigtime. I'd like to just be able to tell them "get lost!" or maybe drop them off at Hope or something.

nihilix December 8th, 2005 04:18 AM

Joe -

The Fearless Testers requested that very thing - but we didn't get it. What we do have is 'retreat' on each ship. This will work on everyone except the Urluqai, who encircle you.

In other words, pause the game when you get into combat, select each ship you want to retreat, and click the retreat that shows up on the right, instead of the 'retreat all' on the left.

MrFantastic December 8th, 2005 10:17 AM

Quote:

pfreak said:
alright now this is truely a non violent victory. I had 33495 score. I found primordous and got the ship needed to kill him. Problem is that there was no weapons in the entire galaxy that were powerful to use to defend the ship much less do anything else. So in order to kill him I sent the ship on a suicide course right into primordous. The entire game the most deadly weapon I had was the LVC.

That's not very non violent http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/Injured.gif

jab2565 December 8th, 2005 01:10 PM

Well it's hard to be non violent when a creature is planning on destroying the galaxy. Still I didn't find one powerful weapon to use, no PVC no multi, in fact in order to get the ship I had to cloak past the defenses to get to the ship.

Zogu December 9th, 2005 08:54 PM

Here's my latest score.
Not a single shot fired, not a single weapon mounted on any of my ships. I used the Aethric Mirror, but nothing else.

"Medium everything" game, science ship.

Score: 25980

If I had had the Crystal Fish and the Cloak, I would have done better I guess. Not to mention the fact that I haven't found a single black hole (I used the Hyperdrive all the way), and that the Muktian embassador wasn't present.

To be continued!

Zogu December 10th, 2005 04:05 PM

Latest score: 27615

"Medium everything" game, used the Terran Frigate (Military mission. LOL.)

I managed to find the Hyperdrive and the Mantle of Babulon early. Then... Esmeralda stole the Mantle! Darn! But I found it again later, in a trade emporium. Lucky me.

I then got the Timeless Bauble, and wisely asked for the Crystal Fish. I made "friend" with all races present and even got 3 ambassadors onboard (including that small furry guy with gems). There were no Urluqai or Tan Ru in this game, this is a very rare event! The only thing I didn't find was the Anti-Graviton Shunt, otherwise I would have made some extra points visiting the black holes I guess.

So no weapon was used (anyway they were rare in that map), no Mirror, no Vacuum Collapser.

MrFantastic December 14th, 2005 08:28 AM

Large map of course. Science mission.

Mirror is pretty much necessary for the non-violent win.

I could have gotten a few more points if I had gotten the toy robot sooner, and if I had ever gotten the cloak of babulon or the gravitation shunt. Otherwise a near perfect victory.

I even used the mirror to save a Tan-ru fleet from a supernova.

James Sterrett December 14th, 2005 08:14 PM

Quote:

MrFantastic said:

Wow.... That's quite the act of charity. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/happy.gif

Captain Kwok December 18th, 2005 10:50 PM

I got 826 points without killing anything. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...ies/tongue.gif

Strider December 22nd, 2005 12:31 AM

Got a 38,311 without killing anything, nor sending anything into a black hole, using the Science Vessel.

Puke January 3rd, 2006 07:44 PM

does it give you points if ships are destroyed in combat, but you dont kill them? like if you are watching two other races duke it out?

reverend January 9th, 2006 11:08 AM

6749 on a small map. (Demo, will try for more with the full version)

PvK January 22nd, 2006 04:55 AM

24,138 - almost - Science ship, large map, didn't mean to fire a shot, but some aliens surrounded us by surprise so I think someone fired a shot even though I hit Retreat All immediately. I did send some violent folks into a black hole, too.

PvK January 24th, 2006 11:44 PM

22,963 - actual no-shots-fired (didn't mount weapons) - large map - no mirror use or other mischief (I did plow some nebula to very good effect - got me the hyperdrive!) - was doing considerably better until I got surrounded and lost a couple of ships and my hyperdrive with them - ended up being nearly a year late (1000 point fine).

PvK January 25th, 2006 12:26 AM

34,749 - complete non-violence of any kind, large map, science ship - Didn't find a mirror. There were several systems I had to leave alone because I had no way to deal with the violent meanies there, so in theory I could've done rather better if I had the mirror.

tinkthank October 5th, 2006 11:25 AM

What do you mean by "sending people into a black hole"?
I have found the mirror, but I can only transport myself, not others.
Or am I missing something?

ShadowStorm December 18th, 2006 08:38 PM

7967, Small, Large Nebula and enemy strength

YAY! I finally have an achievement http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

And in response to your question tinkthank...

Get the mirror, find a black hole, stand on it. Use the mirror on another ship to switch places with him so he's now in the black hole. Done.

ShadowStorm December 18th, 2006 09:11 PM

Scrap that, over double'd that in my very next game...

Small, Large Nebula, Large Enemy Strength...

Jamiri January 18th, 2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

ShadowStorm said:
Get the mirror, find a black hole, stand on it. Use the mirror on another ship to switch places with him so he's now in the black hole. Done.

I wouldn't call that "non-violent"...
On the contrary, that's mean!!! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...es/biggrin.gif

floatingatoll June 9th, 2007 04:57 AM

Humanitarian aid ruined my score of 36,474

Quote:

Ripcord O'Reilly said:

36,474 (large, large, science), but it doesn't count.

Quote:

MrFantastic said:

I read today of an interpid explorer who rescued a fleet from a nova. The last planet in my travels went nova. It was soon to destroy both a jumbo shrimp and an alien homeworld. The death toll was to be considerable. It was fated to happen, and there was nothing I could do but watch as two worlds full of life burned. As a non-violent scientist, I just could not watch as those worlds that I'd so patiently explored would go up in a violent cloud of flame.

I set off the Limited Vacuum Collapser.

It just seemed the kindest thing to do! I was the one who traded their hyperdrives for a crystalline entity. I was the one who traded their thrusters for some old bauble. I was the one who ran off with the navigator, never to return. What choice did I have? Let them burn alive in the flames of a nova? Using the collapser saved them from the violence of nature.

After the nova exploded, I folded to the now-dead planet and set the collapser for 100 turns. Folding away, I paused at a nearby planet to remember what I'd done. A pang of regret hit me as the collapser went off inside the expanding ring of the nova; the fireworks will haunt me forever.