.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Will there be a 2018 update? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51825)

vyrago February 8th, 2018 12:38 PM

Will there be a 2018 update?

we're currently at version 11.01 for MBT and version 10.01 for WW2.

is it planned to have a 2018 upgrade? what items might be included?

Might we see Baltic States added?

DRG February 8th, 2018 01:39 PM

Re: Will there be a 2018 update?

Yes there will be a 2018 update

Details will be announced a week or two before it's ready to release

no to Baltic states

SaS TrooP February 8th, 2018 09:23 PM

What is the probability of making it a wishlist thread? :D

Like increasing minimal penetration of grenades and AA weapons :v

Suhiir February 9th, 2018 01:41 AM

It's your game, use the OOB editor to do whatever you wish.
But I wouldn't expect the games base stats to change.

Warhero February 9th, 2018 04:49 AM

Hmm are Baltic OOBs available somewhere here? I have some topics some years ago about item but no any OOB anywhere...

Apollo February 14th, 2018 08:14 AM

I have a dream, that someday in Steel Panthers will be added "Disable Z-fire" button...

DRG February 14th, 2018 08:37 AM

It's already there it's just called " self control " if you don't want Z-fire.....don't use Z-fire and if you are PBEM and your opponent won't stop then the solution is to stop playing with that person.

As well..... it already uses shots at twice the rate of normal as a penalty...so I'm a bit confused as to why this is an issue for anyone

Apollo February 14th, 2018 09:11 AM

I know, I use it like that, playing only with home rules, but Z-fire is a core mechanics and it make game broken, when you have able to fire without LOS. Through the forest or even buildings with density 100.
I can assume that it hard to implement, but at least adding higher expenditure of ammunition (x10 or x15 for firearm ) from Z-fire can help make game more realistic

DRG February 14th, 2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo (Post 841129)
I know, I use it like that, playing only with home rules, but Z-fire is a core mechanics and it make game broken, when you have able to fire without LOS. Through the forest or even buildings with density 100.

Well that's interesting..... I just tried that test and LOS was blocked though building and trees. There were lot's of hexes the unit could not fire into

Here's the problem....we can never build the game to make everyone happy and trying to only makes us wonder why we bother. The area fire does not "make game broken"... the whole POINT was to allow supressive fire into hexes out of LOS and the effect of that fire is reduced from normal in LOS rates but it's does not allow area fire if there are obstructions directly in front of the unit firing.

That said I will put this at the end of our list for possible investigation

Oche February 14th, 2018 10:33 AM

The Steel Panthers series have wide acceptance preceding over many other tactical wargames since the late 90's. IMHO the area fire feature has not reduced simulation value but instead increased gameplay and simulation value. "Z" fire rules can be previously agreed upon by players if PBEM. It also comes handy when firing thru smoke stacks laid by opponent to cover his position. Smoke maybe a shield for LOS but it is no shield against incoming fire so i guess it is realistic enough to be able to use the "Z" fire to lay grazing and covering fire thru smoke stacks.