.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Halt sacred effect? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41121)

Epaminondas November 3rd, 2008 03:12 PM

Halt sacred effect?

Anyone have a definitive idea on what this does? I searched several old threads, and there did not seem to be a consensus on what it did (in particular, because most of those threads were written before the effect had been adequately tested).

Gregstrom November 3rd, 2008 05:08 PM

Re: Halt sacred effect?

I believe it causes fatigue in sacred units. It's quite powerful.

Epaminondas November 3rd, 2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 650144)
I believe it causes fatigue in sacred units. It's quite powerful.

Hmmm. MR-negating I hope?

I was wondering because I am creating a mod that--among other things--gives each individual nation very powerful sacred troops right off the bat, and I was thinking of putting Davanas in Lanka's recruitment line-up (at, say, 250 gold per unit?). But if Davanas can cause fatigue in addition to their awesome base stats, perhaps I ought to re-consider.

Gregstrom November 3rd, 2008 05:21 PM

Ooh, hang on. I was thinking of Bane of Heresy, which is a weapon effect and probably not resistible. Halt Sacred is a resistible paralysis effect.

Omnirizon November 3rd, 2008 05:38 PM

I thought it was like an Awe that only works on sacreds. Maybe I thought that only because it uses the same graphic.

But is that not what it is?

Epaminondas November 3rd, 2008 05:40 PM

Confusion reigns again. I thought we had a battalion of Lanka players? :)

Gregstrom November 3rd, 2008 06:04 PM

I got the paralysis bit from Edi's db, so I'm presuming it's true. There is an effect that is effectively Awe vs. sacreds, but in the case of Davana's weapons it should be MR paralysis on sacreds.

Gregstrom November 3rd, 2008 06:09 PM

As a Lanka player I like to GoR Davanas and give them brands and shields in great numbers. The original weapons didn't get much attention by comparison.

Epaminondas November 3rd, 2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 650158)
As a Lanka player I like to GoR Davanas and give them brands and shields in great numbers. The original weapons didn't get much attention by comparison.

They must be absolutely overpowering. How do they compare in effectiveness to Niefel Giants and Niefel Jarls (when GoR-ed)?

Gregstrom November 3rd, 2008 07:03 PM

Well, for Niefels you'd give them cold immunity and then just leverage the four arms however you like. Against ridiculous defence you can always use four swords of swiftness and speed boots (by attack 16 you'd be dealing a -30 defence penalty), if armour's the issue use Fire Brands, Eye Shields and the like. They get a chance of Air and Blood magic too, which is always nice. The ability to use a 2h weapon and still have space for shields is rather nifty.

Disclaimer: Other, better kit-outs may well be available.