.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47741)

oldbone October 22nd, 2011 03:15 PM

Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

BUG?

Carrion Dragon in Carrion Lord form cannot reanimate (no command for it).

kianduatha October 22nd, 2011 08:32 PM

Reanimation comes from Holy, so a Carrion Dragon in Carrion Lord form shouldn't be able to reanimate.

shatner October 28th, 2011 10:55 AM

Shouldn't the Zmey be cold-blooded? The Bogarus-only summon it is based on is (http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Zmey).

llamabeast October 28th, 2011 11:04 AM

Excellent catch!

Valerius October 28th, 2011 05:27 PM

It may be thematic but I'm not sure if making the Zmey cold-blooded is a good idea simply because the encumbrance hit you take in cold dominion is so severe (it's a sad thing seeing Agarthans fighting in cold 3). I haven't used them much but have had them used (effectively) against me and I really like this style of unit - a monster with relatively few slots but a good set of built-in abilities (shi shis also fit this description).

Also, a small thing, but thematically it would make sense for dwarven elder (monster # 2826) multiheros to also have a forge bonus.

But the real thing I want to say is how much I'm enjoying this release of CBM. This version of Eriu is by far the most fun one I've played (have a game going with the Tuatha with awe as well and of course I've played every previous version ;)). I'll have more detailed feedback later but I'll mention that I think Eriu is quite capable of defending itself against a rush and I don't think I'm being overly optimistic in my belief that they have a very strong midgame. Endgame the lack of native SDB access is an issue but I don't feel nations have to be equally strong in all stages of the game. The only problem is having too weak an early game such that the nation is an obvious target (Eriu used to fall in this category).

I also really like the changes to magic items and find myself considering items I would have never forged before (even with a hammer).

I think this is an excellent version of CBM. Thanks for all your work on this. :)

Squirrelloid October 28th, 2011 08:00 PM

Really disagree Zmey should be cold-blooded. That 'feature' basically ruins units, especially since Cold-3 dominion is really common.

GFSnl October 28th, 2011 08:42 PM

Depends on the price you‘ll have to pay for them.

I like the idea thematicly.

Squirrelloid October 29th, 2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFSnl (Post 787200)
Depends on the price you‘ll have to pay for them.

I like the idea thematicly.

If its cold-blooded it will stop being used at almost any price. You'd have to make them like 5f to get people to bother, because its really easy to throw Wolven Winter on any province you're expecting to fight in.

A cold-blooded zmey in cold-3 dominion would lose to *PD*. Its like +10 encumbrance. Totally unplayable. Its worse than having a chest wound.

Scaramuccia October 29th, 2011 05:33 AM

You get exactly +10 enc for cold-blooded in cold 3 province. Also you get some enc for cold climate. Just crushed C'tis with Wolven winter research rush. 18 enc sauromancers suck.

Cold blooded is really bad thing. Not sure if Zmey need such nerf.

Valerius October 29th, 2011 05:48 AM

Actually, reading the zmey's description it doesn't say they are the same family of creature as the Bogarus zmey, only that "they have lent their names to the lesser drakes of Rus". So, let's consider them three headed red dragons, and red dragons aren't cold-blooded. :p

And keep in mind zmey make nice heavy duty raiders and can be expected to operate in hostile dominion so if your opponent has cold scales he may not even have to bother spamming wolven winter.

It's too bad the penalties for being cold-blooded aren't moddable. Even cut in half they would be serious but the 4/3/3 penalty for each tick in the cold scale is just crippling.