.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FASCAM Issue (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52620)

Karagin January 19th, 2021 11:17 AM

FASCAM Issue

Okay, I am running a Green Vs Soviet meeting engagement in 1987, I bought FASCAM for the Green side, and it shows up in the icon of the clipboard and on the H hot key HQ menu however, it does not show up in the Bombardment options and when I select it so it's showing at the bottom of the screen in green it won't let me do any thing since it's OFF board.

Bit lost here.

Mobhack January 19th, 2021 01:06 PM

Re: FASCAM Issue

Is it turn 1 yet? - you cannot plot before then unless you are attacking or assaulting. (you can bring up the bombardment screen for plotting of gold spots only, no arty will be listed).

If it is out of comms, it wont show on the bombardment menu. So wait till they get back on the air.

Karagin January 19th, 2021 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobhack (Post 849438)
Is it turn 1 yet? - you cannot plot before then unless you are attacking or assaulting. (you can bring up the bombardment screen for plotting of gold spots only, no arty will be listed).

If it is out of comms, it wont show on the bombardment menu. So wait till they get back on the air.

It is turn four, shows them in comms range and no counter battery fire hit them either.

Mobhack January 19th, 2021 01:48 PM

They should manage to achieve comms at some point

they wont get any CB fires unless they shoot, either

Mobhack January 19th, 2021 01:59 PM

Just tried a quick battle generator, meeter USA vs USSR 1980

FASCAM battery bought, it appeared on turn 2 (must have been out of comms on T1) and was available for the 10 or so turns I poked troops around.

Suhiir January 19th, 2021 02:39 PM

I've used FASCAM on occasion.
It behaves just like any other off-map artillery.

DRG January 19th, 2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karagin (Post 849439)

It is turn four, shows them in comms range and no counter battery fire hit them either.

Zip up a save game and post it

Imp January 19th, 2021 10:12 PM

I may be wrong as don't use often but I thought FASCAM has always had a delay - 2 turns I think.
Perhaps if its a meeting engagement its being confused by delaying for 2 turns twice.
Once for the meeting & once because its FASCAM

scorpio_rocks January 20th, 2021 12:41 AM

From the FAQ section of the Guide:

Quote:

There is a three turn delay built into the game to stop all FASCAM / MINELET artillery units from appearing in the bombard menu at the start of the game. This prevents a player from using these to box his opponenet into his start line. They will be available for use after turn 2 is completed.