.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50466)

SaS TrooP September 12th, 2014 10:52 PM

Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

1 Attachment(s)
OK, here is a different thread from valo's one.
Valo, it seems to be working, thanks for sending me those files.

Now, to TS4EVER:
I have chosen to go with French infantry battalion, starting May 1940. I would love to have about, hmmm, 30 battles or so. First through dramatic France, then retreat to Africa, then Italy and France again, ending on liberation of Paris.
I will develop my realistic battalion rather freely, I will try to turn it into combat group.

What I ask you for is to consider my unit as a part of something bigger (regiment/brigade). I can provide you some sources of French equipment and organization of that time so you know what kind of forces may be sometimes attached as extra units. I also ask for realism when deploying my enemies. This comes to that era equipment and structural organizations (more the less, of course).

I take it you choose battles best and you know whats good for particular part of the campaign.

PS: I am up to do such thing for someone else, I guess TS4EVER cannot handle entire forums for that :P

Ts4EVER September 13th, 2014 09:20 AM

Re: Campaign Scenario Setup Help - France

You don't have to post the campaign file here, it is enough for oyu to post exactly what forces you have for now.

Here is how it works: You have a campaign on your computer, I make scenario files that you then add to this campaign to continue. You always need to save your game a turn before it ends, so you can then load up this savegame once you edited your campaign with the new scenario.
One technique we can do is having battles take place on the same map. So let's say your first game is supposed to take place in the morning and the battle continues in the evening. In that case you can send me your savegame and I can use this to make another scenario on the same map, which now has the battle damage from before etc. You shouldn't buy reinforcements then of course.

SaS TrooP September 13th, 2014 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am fine with multiple battles on one map.
Here I lost my current deployment save with exact forces I have. I hope that should help. Sorry I dont get it so well, custom campaign was always a bit weird to me :P

Uploaded the save.

Ts4EVER September 23rd, 2014 08:45 PM

Sorry it took so long, had little time. Anyway, add this to your campaign after the scenario where you picked your core force. Remember to make a savegame one turn before the end and put it on here, so I can make the next scenario on the same map. Note that you will play several battles on the same map, so conserve your forces!

Quote:

The Germans broke through in the Ardennes and now the situation is chaotic. Your unit is tasked with securing an important bridge and creating a defensive perimeter around it. If the situation deteriorates further, we might have to blow it up, but until then, hold it. German recon elements are already in the area, but the enemy is not yet there in strength, so use this opportunity to establish a good defensive position. Some armored cars are operating on the eastern side of the river and will be able to screen your forces, but they have to be pulled back over the bridge by the end of the battle!

Ts4EVER September 23rd, 2014 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the file.

SaS TrooP September 25th, 2014 11:11 PM

Seems to be working, I will start playing now. I will report every few turns.
Its gonna be extremely hard to quickly cross that bridge and establish some beachhead with footmobile force only.

Ts4EVER September 26th, 2014 09:54 AM

Yes. Note that you don't necessarily have to "win", as in capture all objectives. Instead, establish a perimeter that you are comfortable defending and beat the German recon forces. The big attack will come in the next scenario, where your deployment zone and objectives will depend on your positions in this one.

SaS TrooP September 26th, 2014 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And so I did.
Panhards did amazing job and literally crushed German recon far from the city, giving my troops possibility to setup defence perimeter. I have suffered only 9 casualties, probably killing about ~200 Germans.
So far, 1 & 2 Cie crossed the bridge, 1 Cie covering south and 2 Cie covering north with monastery hill. 3 Cie crossed 2 platoons only, while 2 remaining in reserve for this scenario. Their general task is to cover that small forest and approach road.
I would be glad if I had a possibility to adjust some setup (especially relocate some AT guns). But overally I am happy with my current deployment and first success :)
Here goes the save, I am eager to see what goes next.

PS: I am requesting some artillery from my Regiment, it may come in handy if German attack will be strong. Also, I insist Panhards remain under my command, unless Division states otherwise.

PSS: My amazing AA defences managed to shoot down Storch recon plane with 3% chance ;P

Ts4EVER September 26th, 2014 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, next one. You can only deploy your units on the western bank or within the perimeter I marked on the map.

Quote:

Defend your perimeter against attack of what appears to be a German mechanised or tank division. Expect heavy artillery and air attack.
Sadly, the Panhard vehicles have withdrawn, but division is sending over some tanks. These had mechanical trouble, so it might take a while. As more elements of our division arrive, our artillery will be set up, coming online as the battle progresses.
As always, try to preserve your force.

SaS TrooP September 27th, 2014 12:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, done this one too.
It was quite tough. At worst point I had to retreat about 500m into my lines and German tanks took that monastery. My armour support came just in time to fend them off. In the end I counterattacked and recaptured that forest and northern approaches. Only area I failed to get on time was that orchard near the railway.
German battalion seems to dislike that day, with most forces routed. For those 500pts I requested engineering company (which did not take part in combat), additional 75mm battery and 4 more AT guns.
My casualties are considerable though. I lost half of my MG capacity, AAMGs also failed to shoot down even a single Stuka, however they managed to damage few. I also lost ammo wagon and mule transports, reducing my mobility. Infantry itself did it with acceptable casualties. German artillery complicated my life. A lot.
My crew abandoned some vehicles, but these seems to be intact.

I request to keep engineers (in case I have to retreat and blow the bridge), tanks if possible, I need a battery on standby. I would be more than glad to have increased AT capacity, because my AT guns are just not enough. I could use tanks or more AT guns, but preferably tanks.
What is the situation on my flanks? I REALLY do not want to be cut my German pincer movement, so in case it is necessary I will have to evacuate to the side.

Ts4EVER September 27th, 2014 09:17 PM

About the support points: Please don't use them unless I explicitly say so. These are set on your end (in the campaign structure) so I have no influence on them. I will instead provide you with auxiliary forces, which allows me more control over how the battle goes. Note how you didn't even use the engineers: this shows that the scenario is balanced with your core force + the additional forces by me in mind.

Quote:

The Germans are regrouping after receiving that bloody nose. We also captured one of their tanks, although it is heavily damaged and probably won't survive a road march. Sadly, there are grave news from other parts of the front. Our other regiment apparently has lost control of the bridge to our south. Stragglers keep streaming north, informing us of casualties. We don't know if the bridge has been blown up or if the Germans captured it.
In light of these developments, these are your orders:
1: Withdraw your units and any stragglers over the bridge. Don't let this retreat turn into a rout! Form rear guards to keep the Germans at bay!
2: Blow up the bridge. A platoon of engineers is setting up charges as we speak. Ingame two "demolition charges" (ammo cannisters) will spawn. Blow these up to destroy the bridge once you retreated your units.
3: Set up defenses on the west bank.

Ts4EVER September 27th, 2014 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and the files.

SaS TrooP September 28th, 2014 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, **** has hit the fan on that one.
My retreat was going well unless they broke through central area and I needed to haste my retreat badly.
But it was going nice since the very end, when I was TOTALLY surprised with German armoured cars on the other side! I needed to rush them with my infantry and I succeeded with killing SOME, but at the end of scenario they were still inflicting losses.
The battalion however was evacuated in about 90% of entire fighting force and suffered moderate losses. As of last turn, the bridge is ready to be blown. Problem is I dont know how to do that with my own ammo dumps (in other scenarios IEDs or enemy dumps are used for it). I used Z-fire on the quite extensively, sadly without success. But for this reason I request to consider the bridge blown.
I failed to create a defensive perimeter on time, but attacking German force also suffered losses. Lets see what is your opinion of such outcome?

Ts4EVER September 28th, 2014 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

While we were able to heavily damage the bridge, the Germans had already crossed the river at different points. Our orders now are to fight our way towards the British lines in the north.
After a night march we now made contact with weak German positions. Use the limited visibility of the morning to push through them before the enemy air support shows up. The ultimate objectives are the victory hexes in the north west corner of the map, but you probably won't reach those in one go. Instead use the first stage to secure covered approach routes and jump off points for the subsequent operations.
Due to the stragglers that reached your position, you may repair damage for 100 repair points.

SaS TrooP September 28th, 2014 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this one.
I decided to push north and then west. I opted (with success I guess) that forest would provide protection if stuff gets too heavy. I suffered noticeable losses 90% due to artillery, so I focused on taking it out. In total, I finished 10 8cm mortars, probably rendering enemy artillery unusable again.
At first I wanted to stop by the forest, but I see main route is unprotected. FOr this reason I order like 20mins break (thats nearly nothing, troops will use it for reorganization only, but I have marching battalion so they should handle long trips like that with smile). I am rearranging mules and crews to form a convoy again. Luckily my attached armour finished the battle untouched, they were busy with cleaning some Germans on my back. I hope I am quick enough so they wont call heavy guns in (I take it they need proper spotting and comm link). Worse with Stukas, but I can do better with them than mortars.
I have placed one of my units near 2 German wagons. I intent to capture them and use in my voyage.
Other than that: will it be possible to spend some repair points on rearranging the crews? For AT guns, MGs and transport. A lot of people should be capable of helping with these without explicit training experience.

Ts4EVER September 29th, 2014 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If I tell you that you can spend repair points, you can use them on anything: infantry, artillery, even tanks for all I care.

Just so we are clear: Just because an area looks empty in the end screen does not mean it will be empty in the next scenario. I only place enemy units in areas I know you can comfortably reach in the alotted time. I do this for 3 reasons:
1: Easier for me to manage.
2: More flexibility to develop the scenario.
3: Otherwise you could see all enemy positions for the next scenario without proper recon.

So expect that village to be held!

Quote:

We have managed to penetrate far through the weak German lines and reached a reasonably safe position in a forest. The enemy seems somewhat confused, but this state of affairs will not last long. We can already hear the sounds of aircraft approaching. Now it's time for quick an decisive action!
Clear the road to the north east and keep the road open for more units of your division still retreating north. It appears the British are preparing a delaying action before the city of Dunkirk in the north. We need to reach their lines.
The enemy appear to be mostly infantry units, with some armored cars and tanks.

SaS TrooP September 29th, 2014 03:35 PM

Deployment zone seems to be shifted way to the right and I cannot deploy in this forest. I dont really think it should be like that?
PS: I apologize for not understanding some aspects you are throwing at me. I am much more into SPMBT really and I am generally not used to foot retreats, wagons and mules usage etc. Also stuff gets a lot quicker in there. I would appreciate if you even use capslock to underline particularly important aspects that I should achieve.

Ts4EVER September 29th, 2014 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oh sorry the file I sent you was bugged, as I forgot to set the right deploy zone... I hope you still have the old savegame, if not, I can send it to you.

SaS TrooP September 29th, 2014 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That new one worked.
Allright, it was tough and very resemblant to infamous Purple Heart Line. I am reporting to my superior (if there is any at this point and chaos) that my battalion is barely combat capable. But it managed to capture that bloody road and hold it against German counterattack (destroyed 5 Pz38s and my tank at the very end of the scenario engaged 2 armoured cars near the flags. I also have a screening force in the village to the north, but over there enemy tanks would probably make it though towards the road... that is covered with 3 ATGs on entire length and with 3 more tanks coming). I am happy to say divisional forces did not suffer a single casualty, so I hope there was some good point in this sacrifice.
I am also however reporting that - given I can use forces that were also in retreat - I should be capable of securing that village to the north, if command wishes so.
In fact, great most of my casualties were taken from 3 MGs. I personally find single MGs overpowered, since at some point my recon team was located 200 metres from their firing position (and was not pinned) and it still failed to discover them after 6 salvos. Needless to say 200 men and overseeing scouts/MGs/Tanks/Artillery observer (!) failed as well.
I damn hope I am getting close to friendly forces, one more battle like that and I may be in serious peril.

Ts4EVER September 30th, 2014 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok next one.

Quote:

Opening that road allowed your division to escape and join the British to the north. The British have concluded that our present position is untenable, so they are withdrawing towards the port of Dunkirk for evacuation. We will join them on their journey to England and will hopefully be able to land in France again soon to continue fighting.
To make the evactuation possible, we need time, however. To that end we established a hasty line of defense together with our Allies. Your unit holds the southernmost flank of this new position, at the point of contact with the British.
- You can spend 100 repair points to replace losses in your core force
- Deploy your units north of the big forest. The British are low on manpower, so they requested that one of your companies is held in reserve, to react if one sector is about to be overrun
- Hold the line against any German attack

SaS TrooP October 1st, 2014 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, defence goes way better for me than retreats :P
Nothing to say here, I replenished most of 1 Cie and used 2 & 3 Cie combined in the centre. British shove off Germans quite easily and I could shift their armoured vehicles when Germans came in my sector. It was quite stressful at some point and they were close to break, but after all situation got back in my control. As of ending turn, most remaining Germans are pinned and engaged from several directions.

Let me know when you are planning to end France '40 sector. Before we proceed to actual Africa, Free French forces first tried to establish themselves in west african colonies. I would be glad to have battle of Dakar and Invasion of Gabon first, best 2 battles each. When time comes I may explain you how - in my opinion - it should look like.

Ts4EVER October 2nd, 2014 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This will probably be the last France battle before the evacuation. That being said, it would be nice if you could send me some material or ideas for the next battles, since I know very little about them.

Quote:

While the first German assault has been held up, our position grows weaker, as the British gradually withdraw to Dunkirk. For one thing, they already moved their gun batteries to the rear. Ours are still in position, but low on ammunition, since the British use different calibres. On top of that, it seems like the Germans are preparing for a new push. Their horrible wailing planes are back as well.
- Defend your position
- If the German assault proves overwhelming, withdraw your forces

SaS TrooP October 2nd, 2014 03:01 PM

OK, so about these 2 engagements:
Battle of Dakar occurred in September 1940 and was mainly naval engagement. In short, Franco-british navy conducted show of power near the shores of Dakar, Senegal. Its purpose was to persuade French West Africa to join the struggle for De Gaulle. But Vichy authorities were not amused and sent in their own naval batteries, aircraft and nearby task force (with battleship in it). The battle went extremely unfavourably for the Allies and humiliated them, after entire task force (including aircraft carrier and battleship) were damaged and out of war for several months.
As of land engagements, there was just one: FF forces tried to conduct a beach landing near Dakar in order to advance on foot, but it failed under heavy fog and generally bad weather conditions. If FF forces set ashore is unclear to me. They could not even land or eventually land and leave before making a contact.
So in this case - if you want to handle this one - we could assume landing has occurred and then it was revoked, after light combat. I would have to be very careful with casualties, but Vichy forces should not be powerful.

The other battle, Gabon, is much more important from our point of view.
In Gabon it went fair better. That was November 1940. French forces blocked weak Vichy navy in the vicinity of Port Gabon and landed its forces there. Main area of the fighting was airport at Libreville (I call it airport, but historians use "aerodome" what probably indicates its small size). There were heavy fighting for it for 2 days, but with british light aircraft help French managed to capture it. Then, after brief combat Libreville was captured and this turned French Equatorial Africa and Chad into de Gaulle's men.

Later, French forces will be reorganized in Eritrea into 1st Brigade of the Orient and will take part in battle of Keren against Italy. This - I believe - should be depicted quite carefully as fighting there was extremely bloody. And then Operation Exporter, an invasion of Vichy Syrian and Lebanon, that finally provided de Gaulle with resources and manpower to create first Free French Division.
Rest of the story will follow up.

SaS TrooP October 4th, 2014 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, got this one ready.
It was quiute tough, German attack seemed to be well planned and I disposed less units (my 1 & 2 Cie were downed to about 30% fighting strenght). For this reason I had to evacuate my sector and by the end scenario british are ready to do as well. But I made a good stand against them and caused them numerous casualties while limiting those of my own (but I sadly lost few very experienced men). British did rather easy for most part except very end, when Germans started to push them away.
Finally, German tanks conducted very dangerous flanking maneuver on me, but I was able to shift some AT weapons to that sector and prepare nice ambush. German tanks at this farm deep on my flank are mostly damaged and 2 AT guns are overseeing them by the end of the scenario.

Ts4EVER October 4th, 2014 07:47 PM

OK, so we will be doing Libreville next. I guess you will have to reequip your units with British weapons?

SaS TrooP October 4th, 2014 08:14 PM

I am actually not that sure. At this point French forces may still relay on their own weaponry. So it is up to your call.
I hope I can though finally resupply myself. At this point de Gaulle could only afford weak forces (thats why he rushed for Gabon). But I believe it should be enough to make a strong battalion or two for this operation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Gabon

Here goes the link for this one.

Ts4EVER October 5th, 2014 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Off to africa then. You can use as many repair points as you like to get your army up to snuff.

Quote:

Deploy your forces north of the indicated line. Our objective for today is the Libreville airport. It is held by strong Vichy forces. Luckily, British air support is on its way.

SaS TrooP October 6th, 2014 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All right, I must say... it did not go that well, given the task...
As of turn 28, I have captured just 1 objective cluster and nearly got to the second one. I hope I understood my deployment positions correctly, but it took me a while to make that rush. I was breaking through Vichy's positions one by one, but I just did not have enough time. Also, 1 Cie got pretty badly beaten on the way, but otherwise my battalion is well combat capable.
Question is what now? I was in combat for about an hour and still did not capture that bloody airfield...

Ts4EVER October 6th, 2014 10:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, next one.

Quote:

We managed to gain a foothold near the airfield, but Vichy resistance is fiercer than expected. We will try another assault, this time under the cover of darkness.

SaS TrooP October 7th, 2014 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got his one, ****ing finally.
It took me 14 turns to finish my manoeuvres. Vichy forces got completely destroyed with about 30 men surviving and entire airstrip is taken. Their stupid counterattack allowed me to finish the job quicker, but I somehow understand them. I launched flanking maneuver though the south and I was ready to cut the airstrip. Then they rushed.
Their defence was however extremely powerful. I did not expect that just 2 Coys will provide such hard fight. My casualties are enormous as for this kind of difficulty level. My battalion will soon need replenishment quite soon.
Historically that airstrip was key defence point, so from now on it SHOULD do rather easy.
So, what now?

Ts4EVER October 8th, 2014 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Next you can repair your forces again, as we will jump to Eritrea, April 1941.

Quote:

Our target is the Italian port city of Massawa. Our Indian allies will attack from the north, while we will deploy our forces in the south. The city is ringed by Italian defenses, which we will have to breach in the first phase of operations. Once we have a foothold, we will advance further.

SaS TrooP October 8th, 2014 06:06 PM

This one may take me little longer since I have lesser time for now.
Remember - at later stages of Abyssinia - to make Mount Keren (this battle could generally use a depiction in battle mode. Maybe I will do it in some time).
And one more mention that I forgot previously: please be careful when setting starting sides. Many casualties I suffered in last battle died because routed units run straight into enemy rather than back to the marshes.
I am switching into British equipment for now, finally motorizing my support forces and attaching recon squadron that will make a bulk of latter armoured force.

PS: IMPORTANT! My deployment area is to the left. Its quite short. Should it be like that?

Ts4EVER October 9th, 2014 12:12 AM

Yes the deployment zone are normal.

SaS TrooP October 13th, 2014 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Allright, got this done.
Generally casualties are acceptable (though could be lower). Most were produced on mines, Italian fire was mostly inaccurate and was silenced quickly with my MGs and artillery. I was pushing hard to gain momentum and in fact to capture entire flag area in one battle. For this I was not prepared for strong Italian counterattack that stalled my advance and now my troops are in need of reorganization. But afterwards fight can be continued and fate of the defenders is sealed.
Let me send a messenger if they want to surrender, maybe I could capture some interesting stuff. If not: they have no chance. Indian resistance was weaker and their formations massacred defenders easily. The airstrip's control is still disputed, but there is no chance Italians will hold on open ground.

Ts4EVER October 14th, 2014 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, carrying on.

Quote:

After their defenses were breached, the Italians lost heart and surrendered. Columns of POWs marched past our lines into captivity.
Next we are shipped to Syria, in order to wrestle control of that colony from collaborationist forces. Vichy Legionaires and Colonial troops defend the line in front of our position. Their defense is centered around an old Ottoman desert fort in a commanding position.
- Deploy your forces south of the indicated line
- Break through the Vichy lines

SaS TrooP October 15th, 2014 02:02 PM

Allright, made my refit. A tank company is attached to my core force, thus completion of battalion-sized combat group is mid way. Rest of the infantry will remain footmobile, I intent do equip them with halftracks no sooner than Tunisia.

Ts4EVER October 15th, 2014 04:18 PM

What kind of tanks did you use?

SaS TrooP October 15th, 2014 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have implemented Cruiser IIs so far. In some time I will upgrade my ACs to gun equipped.

Meanwhile, I made my foothold. I reached nearly the area I wanted (that small gully). Instead I reached crossroads hundred meters away. I used different tactics this time, let infantry capture small village first and tanks and recon came second hand, to exploit the breakthrough. Spam of AT guns sadly stopped this advance, but most of Legionnaire were routed on the way. It is also good to have fire superiority with tanks and see these poor ACs and tanks going over my guunz ;c
Nice refreshment after bloody 1940.
My casualties also seem OK, surprisingly no trucks were destroyed.
I take it in next scenario I should advance on towards the fortress and I will try to expand my area of attack. I would love to wait till darkness for attack, unless HQ expects otherwise. It it goes for assault itself, first I need to push closer. If I have to capture that fortress, I will need my men ready and reorganized.

Ts4EVER October 16th, 2014 05:07 AM

I think you send me the old savegame from the previous scenario by mistake.

SaS TrooP October 16th, 2014 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Try it now...

Ts4EVER October 16th, 2014 03:15 PM

That one is from the end of the Massawa Scenario, not the Syria one.

SaS TrooP October 16th, 2014 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
**** me, Try it now, made a fail twice.

Ts4EVER October 16th, 2014 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
third time is the charme.

Quote:

The decision was made to try and take the fortress in a night attack. This means we will have the cover of darkness, but no access to our artillery support.

SaS TrooP October 16th, 2014 11:18 PM

Damn, HQ misunderstood me... I wanted to postpone attack on the fortress itself to night hours. Gonna be tough to get that ridge, but I will do my best.

Ts4EVER November 2nd, 2014 06:30 PM

So... no time at the moment?

SaS TrooP November 5th, 2014 04:09 PM

November pretty much sucks for me, started apprenticeship at court. Progress will be very slow.

SaS TrooP November 17th, 2014 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, got it done.
It was a tough fight, but I managed to get to proper positions for final assault. In fact, I penetrated one segment of defensive walls. My casualties are going extremely high though. Also, I did not expect such a strong assault from the back (I hoped Vichy forces retreated to the fortress) and I had to mobilize my rear security forces and drive most tanks backwards. The battle ended with success but it cost me dearly.

For the final assault, I ask for maximum heavy calibre artillery. I want to assault as soon as my men are rested, rearmed and ready.

Ts4EVER November 17th, 2014 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, good to have you back.

Quote:

Our night assault carried us right to the outer walls of the old turkish fort. Collaborationist forces still hold the old castle in strength however and we can hear them preparing the inner sanctuary for a last stand.
We requested heavy artillery, but all our British Allies could spare were two batteries of 25 Pds, which will arrive shortly. It appears the English ran into trouble themselves, so don't expect too much help. Luckily, some of their planes are circling overhead.

SaS TrooP November 18th, 2014 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am not that much back. Probably battle you send me now will again take me much much longer than usual. Around early December things should stabilize.

This assault was pretty easy due to enemy being bogged in the very small and predictable area. Even though my mortars failed several times and caused numerous casualties due to friendly fire incidents, I was able to capture the key fort building before 25pdrs arrived. Then my tanks outflanked the fortress and pushed forward, towards enemy artillery park, killing a couple of tanks in the process.
It cost me 45 casualties and a tank blown on mines, traitor's losses went way over 200.

The question is: what now?

Ts4EVER November 18th, 2014 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think we will stay in Syria a little bit.

Quote:

While we launched our night assault on the fort, the British had their own operation in a nearby sector. The battle was a mess and apparently one of their companies got lost, crossed into our sector and is now trapped behind enemy lines. The Vichy French are already massing armored cars and tanks to take out their position.
We will launch an attack to save our Allies. Speed is of the utmost importance! Use your tanks and trucks to make a fast assault force.