.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: BSG - wtf? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38242)

gregebowman March 31st, 2008 07:32 PM

OT: BSG - wtf?

I watched the Battlestar Galactica special last Friday night, and I sure was suprised toward the end. Tori, Tigh, Tyrol and Anders are all Cylons? I'm still trying to catch up last season as I'm watching the dvd set for season 3, but that totally floors me. And what makes them the "special" 5? And who will be the 12th Cylon? If it's Adama, I'll throw away all of my BSG dvd's. That would make no sense at all. I think they were implying that Starbuck might be one, but I was trying to watch teh show with my nephew and son playing in the same room. I might have missed a detail or two. Anybody know more about this? I don't visit the official websites or any of the fansites that might be out there, so I'm clueless. I'll have to watch the rest of the dvd's (I finished watching 4 out of the 6). I just can't wait to watch season 4. I have a chance to now, and I'll watch as many episodes as I can so I don't have to wait months to find out what happened.

Arkcon March 31st, 2008 07:46 PM

Re: OT: BSG - wtf?

As I understand it, because of the writer's strike, there will be half of the remaining episodes next season, and the other half the season after that. So it's a long wait.

FWIW, I wasn't too keen on on middle of the series. Too many US in Iraq parallels. And it's a little gross each captured female cylon gets gang raped or attempted or beaten up or whatever.

But I am enjoying this -- who're the final cylons -- storyline, ever since the Eye of Jupiter episode, I've finally been pulled in to this gritty scifi drama.

There's a BS wiki that people have been filling in pretty heavily, they work in conjectures into the articles for each episode, and as the facts are revealed, they change the question to a link to the revealing episode. So you can catch up.

Slick March 31st, 2008 09:21 PM

Here's an 8-minute synopis of the whole show starting from the first episode and it steps you thru the entire series until the end of season 3. Well, as much as possible in 8 minutes. And it has some funny moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grfI3Yv6T0Q

Atrocities March 31st, 2008 09:32 PM

Ya, the mind games of people who have no idea where the story is going until they write it.

gregebowman April 11th, 2008 11:16 AM

OK, I've finally finished watching all of the Season 3 episodes. It still doesn't explain out of all of the billions of humans that existed prior to the cylon attack, these 4 people are still living. Just the odds of them surviving the attack were astronomical, let alone to be in or near persons of power. You got Tigh, who's apparently been a Cylon for 30 years without knowing it, and is a bosom buddy to Adama AND second in command of the Galactica (although a pretty lousy one). There's Tory, who's Roslin's chief of staff. I'm still wandering if Lucy Lawless's charachter had anything to do with killing off Billy, since we never even saw Tory until Bill was killed off. Awful darn coincidental, seems to me. There's Chief Tyrol, who's the only surviving CPO of teh ship, with access to all of the Vipers and Raptors. And there's Anders, who through his marriage to Starbuck, has access to the pilots. How did the Cylons know where to place these people? And who's the 5th one? Have you noticed that all of them have a T in their name? From the premier episdoe, we found out that Anders middle initial is T. Could that mean Kara Thrace is teh 5th cylon? We only have about 19 episodes to find out.

Raapys April 11th, 2008 11:29 AM

Perhaps there are different Cylons? It's obvious one group of Cylons are trying very hard to kill them, but there might be others.

Anyway, isn't it pretty obvious Kara is a cylon? If she isn't then she'd have to have psychic powers( she says she can feel they're jumping in the wrong direction ), and that'd be even more silly.

Suicide Junkie April 11th, 2008 01:04 PM

Or, in a twist, she could not be a cylon, and instead just be crazy! Nobody would see *that* coming.

Atrocities April 11th, 2008 02:00 PM

At this point, do we even really care?

narf poit chez BOOM April 11th, 2008 06:00 PM

This fanfic is rather good (And a bit silly). Also, a Battletech crossover.

Why watch a bad show when there's good fanfic of it?

Arkcon April 12th, 2008 05:32 PM

I suppose we could start commenting in this thread about how we figure the last episodes will go. But, given that there are no fewer (by my count) 3 more prequel series to come out yet, I'm figuring even when we see the last episode, we wont see the answer.

'Course, I like the spoiler Edward James Olmos related at one time: I can't find the exact quote on the Battlestar Wiki, but basically the fleet jumps into orbit around Earth, and we promptly nuke the entire fleet, and Dubya appears and says "Did we get 'em?" And his Cylon advisors say "Good job."