.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Just Seems Like Yesterday (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41772)

Atrocities December 29th, 2008 04:22 AM

Just Seems Like Yesterday

I just finished reading about the plots for the last two Stargate Atlantis episodes, the series finally, and it occurred to me that in the time that I have been a member at this forum, going on 9 years now, I have seem a lot of things come and go. From Star Trek Enterprise to Atlantis. It only seems like yesterday that we were talking about the latest SE 4 1.49 patch and now its been five years since SE V was released. Time flashes by so rapidly. Any one remember the great war debate of 03? How about the movies we talked about here over the years like the Phantom Menace and so on. This forum has a lot of history in it and it is with a great heart that I now must move on. I no longer have this forum set as a my default home page. :( Like with the end of Atlantis, who's premier only seemed like yesterday, the page has turned.

I will still come around and see whats going on, but as to being a full time member, well I think its safe to say that I have been phoning that one in for the last year now.

Thanks for all the good times and bad, I will pop in from time to time.

Kevin Arisa December 29th, 2008 06:21 PM

Re: Just Seems Like Yesterday

Time does indeed fly by.
I was absent from SE for so long that I didn't even notice my site got hacked. :doh:
Always feels nice to come back though. Remember that! :D

Combat Wombat December 29th, 2008 06:55 PM

Ya still have the Atlantis movies and Stargate: Universe so don't fret to much there are many more memories to come and in terms of forums I think most serious SE related discussion has migrated to se.net.

narf poit chez BOOM December 29th, 2008 08:52 PM

This forum has a lot of great memories, but it is kinda dead.

StarJack January 7th, 2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrocities (Post 662573)
:( Like with the end of Atlantis, who's premier only seemed like yesterday, the page has turned.

I will still come around and see whats going on, but as to being a full time member, well I think its safe to say that I have been phoning that one in for the last year now.

It sucks getting older! :(

Mephisto January 20th, 2009 04:50 PM

It was fun while it lasted but all things will eventually die.

narf poit chez BOOM January 22nd, 2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarJack (Post 664934)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrocities (Post 662573)
:( Like with the end of Atlantis, who's premier only seemed like yesterday, the page has turned.

It sucks getting older! :(

Hey, I was a part of this community *Because* I got older.

If a meteor had hit me, that wouldn't have happened. :p

Xtacc January 25th, 2009 03:39 PM

There's always new blood to keep it going ;)

Xrati January 26th, 2009 12:17 PM

:five: "Build it and they will come" and keep it open and someone will show up. There will always be some lull in a board. Especially while waiting for SE4 part two!!! :re: