.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Installation question (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52245)

Steves308 May 7th, 2019 12:39 AM

Installation question

All,

I have a new work computer and I was going to install both WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2 on machine, but just realized that the machine doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. I bought the games long ago on CD, and I'm not sure how to install them on my new computer.

I was thinking I could download the free demo and the copy whatever passes for a license key from my old computer to the new computer, then go ahead and apply the patches to update the game and unlock everything that would come with the full CD version. Is this a viable approach? I can't find any files that look like license keys, and I don't know if the free download version would patch correctly up to the current 2019 full version.

Any suggestions on how to install the games, without buying new copies ;)

Thanks,

Steve

DRG May 7th, 2019 01:49 AM

Re: Installation question

Copy both games CD onto a USB drive then use that to install

Steves308 May 7th, 2019 12:29 PM

That's too simple of a solution, I must be geared for complex solutions to not think of that :D

Thanks for the tip, now my 3 week work trip won't be spent watching TV in the hotel ;)

Steve

Wdll May 7th, 2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steves308 (Post 845177)
All,

I have a new work computer and I was going to install both WinSPMBT and WinSPWW2 on machine, but just realized that the machine doesn't have a CD/DVD drive. I bought the games long ago on CD, and I'm not sure how to install them on my new computer.

I was thinking I could download the free demo and the copy whatever passes for a license key from my old computer to the new computer, then go ahead and apply the patches to update the game and unlock everything that would come with the full CD version. Is this a viable approach? I can't find any files that look like license keys, and I don't know if the free download version would patch correctly up to the current 2019 full version.

Any suggestions on how to install the games, without buying new copies ;)

Thanks,

Steve

yeah one of the best things is the drm free approach by this publisher.
I hate drm with a passion.
Which is why I actually bought the game years ago and now planning on buying WW2 even though I don't play it.(the free version)

Dion May 12th, 2019 08:32 PM

Please elaborate: Bought the free version years ago and planning to buy the free version of WinSPWW2, a game that you don't play. About financially irresponsible as the CIA or Congress. Well at least you said you hate the DRM with a passion. Way to go! :up:

Wdll May 13th, 2019 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion (Post 845212)
Please elaborate: Bought the free version years ago and planning to buy the free version of WinSPWW2, a game that you don't play. About financially irresponsible as the CIA or Congress. Well at least you said you hate the DRM with a passion. Way to go! :up:

I don't understand you.

Imp May 13th, 2019 08:54 PM

You said you plan to buy the FREE version.
So just like Congress who most times reckon a couple of billion will cover a 10 billion idea and wonder why there is a shortfall.
If people running a country we’re inteligent enough to do basic maths it would be a start.

Wdll May 14th, 2019 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imp (Post 845218)
You said you plan to buy the FREE version.
So just like Congress who most times reckon a couple of billion will cover a 10 billion idea and wonder why there is a shortfall.
If people running a country we’re inteligent enough to do basic maths it would be a start.

I didn't say I am going to buy the free version, though I do see how one could think I did. Thanks.
I will edit my post to not confuse anyone.
EDIT:I guess I can no longer edit it.