.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Any scenario with aliens? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51812)

Wdll January 25th, 2018 07:47 AM

Any scenario with aliens?

Has anyone made any custom scenario where you get to fight aliens? Preferably with appropriate graphics?

Suhiir January 25th, 2018 11:51 AM

Re: Any scenario with aliens?

I thought about doing one based on the book "Footfall" because it would be easy. One side is FAR more numerous but only has early 1943 tech, the other has modern. But as far as one with some sort of "alien" graphics. Not that I'm aware of.

RightDeve January 25th, 2018 12:53 PM

I remember reading some guy who made (or will make) some scenarios based on the Harry Turtledove's books. I think it was Oche or Mark Sheepard, but maybe it was just an idea. Alien geaphics, you need mods for it I doubt people will make it. Why don't just play Jeff Wayne's War of The World PC RTS game. 19th century English war machines vs Martian tech, complete with lasers and human farms.

Wdll January 26th, 2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RightDeve (Post 840914)
I remember reading some guy who made (or will make) some scenarios based on the Harry Turtledove's books. I think it was Oche or Mark Sheepard, but maybe it was just an idea. Alien geaphics, you need mods for it I doubt people will make it. Why don't just play Jeff Wayne's War of The World PC RTS game. 19th century English war machines vs Martian tech, complete with lasers and human farms.

That's like asking me why I don't play Wing Commander IV. :p

Because WotW is not a turn based wargame. Plus making it run on a modern system will be interesting, considering the issues it already had when it was originally released.

The closest game I can think of, to my originally question, is Empire II. Still, no WinSPMBT. I am not expecting anyone to have actually made a scenario/mod/whatever , but I thought of asking, just in case. :D

Wdll January 26th, 2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suhiir (Post 840913)
I thought about doing one based on the book "Footfall" because it would be easy. One side is FAR more numerous but only has early 1943 tech, the other has modern. But as far as one with some sort of "alien" graphics. Not that I'm aware of.

Perhaps you could think about it again :p

Suhiir January 26th, 2018 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdll (Post 840927)
Perhaps you could think about it again :p

Problem with this scenario is it really needs to be a campaign because attrition MATTERS for the aliens as does manufacturing/ammo.

They've got what they've got ... fantastic as it is, but no more. It really is a case of them running out of bullets before we run out of bodies.

mkr8683 February 10th, 2018 11:25 PM

Someone did a mod for SP2 for War Of The Worlds years ago. It was WW1 Germany versus the Martians. Doubt it exists as anything more than a memory now.

Wdll February 11th, 2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkr8683 (Post 841088)
Someone did a mod for SP2 for War Of The Worlds years ago. It was WW1 Germany versus the Martians. Doubt it exists as anything more than a memory now.

Cool. I don't know if I still have my disc, but that's good to know. Thank you.

WilliamB February 12th, 2018 05:56 PM

I remember downloading the War Of The Worlds SP2 mod many years ago. I may still have the zip file on a disk some where. Will try to find it.

WilliamB February 13th, 2018 11:58 AM

I found it but I can't get the file to upload. Help!